Lease Corporation International (“LCI”), the aviation division of the Libra Group, has today delivered a third new Leonardo AW169 helicopter to Elitaliana S.r.l. (“Elitaliana”) in Italy, fully equipped for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) operations.
The helicopter enters service with Elitaliana on a long term operating lease from LCI, and joins two other AW169s delivered by LCI in 2016 and 2017, operating from Elitaliana’s EMS bases in Rome and the Lazio region.
Crispin Maunder, Executive Chairman of Lease Corporation International, says: “Elitaliana is a proven leader in helicopter operations in Italy, and we are delighted to be supporting their continued growth with the delivery of a third AW169 for their EMS fleet.
“This delivery to Elitaliana expands LCI’s presence in the Italian EMS market and reinforces our long-held strategy of developing a balanced and diverse portfolio, with the majority of our lease portfolio being concentrated on time critical markets.”
Elitaliana is Italy’s oldest helicopter company, having been founded in 1964, and has developed extensive operational experience in a wide range of areas including EMS, offshore helicopter transport, environmental monitoring, forest fire fighting, and search and rescue.
Manfred de Windisch Graetz of Elitaliana, says: “We have enjoyed a close collaboration with LCI Helicopters over the past years as Elitaliana continues to refresh our EMS operations.
“LCI’s detailed product knowledge and customer attention has been of considerable benefit to us, and we look forward to further cooperation in the years to come.”
LCI’s fleet, which comprises approximately US$750 million of assets in service and on order, is focused on the latest technology medium and super medium helicopters from the leading helicopter manufacturers, including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock
- HAI appoints VP of Marketing Communications
- MD Helicopters aims to overturn $7.6M Dutch Police judgement
- COVID19 – Christoph München in action with EpiShuttle