The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Siemens Gamesa to provide helicopter services in support of the construction of the Beatrice Offshore Wind farm. The operations are expected to start mid-summer until spring 2019. Flights will depart from NHV’s base in Aberdeen to the Beatrice offshore wind farm in the Moray Firth.
NHV will support this project utilizing the state-of-the-art H175 aircraft, an Airbus Helicopter’s Super Medium type. The H175 is specifically designed to meet evolving mission needs in the oil and gas industry. Being the launching operator for this aircraft type, NHV’s H175s have accumulated extensive experience in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Ghana and Denmark since 2014. NHV Group ultimately will increase its fleet to 16 of these new-generation helicopters.
NHV started operating out of Aberdeen at the beginning of 2016 and announced the opening of a new hangar, apron and passenger handling facilities in October 2016.
NHV’s base manager Jamie John commented: “We at NHV are delighted that Siemens Gamesa have selected NHV to partner with them in the construction of the Beatrice Offshore Wind farm. This strengthens the strong working relationship between us, with NHV having previously supported wind farm operations in the Southern North Sea. NHV have been involved in the construction of the Beatrice offshore wind farm since April 2017 and we are looking forward to further support this exciting renewable energy project with Siemens Gamesa.’’
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet