The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Siemens Gamesa to provide helicopter services in support of the construction of the Beatrice Offshore Wind farm. The operations are expected to start mid-summer until spring 2019. Flights will depart from NHV’s base in Aberdeen to the Beatrice offshore wind farm in the Moray Firth.
NHV will support this project utilizing the state-of-the-art H175 aircraft, an Airbus Helicopter’s Super Medium type. The H175 is specifically designed to meet evolving mission needs in the oil and gas industry. Being the launching operator for this aircraft type, NHV’s H175s have accumulated extensive experience in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Ghana and Denmark since 2014. NHV Group ultimately will increase its fleet to 16 of these new-generation helicopters.
NHV started operating out of Aberdeen at the beginning of 2016 and announced the opening of a new hangar, apron and passenger handling facilities in October 2016.
NHV’s base manager Jamie John commented: “We at NHV are delighted that Siemens Gamesa have selected NHV to partner with them in the construction of the Beatrice Offshore Wind farm. This strengthens the strong working relationship between us, with NHV having previously supported wind farm operations in the Southern North Sea. NHV have been involved in the construction of the Beatrice offshore wind farm since April 2017 and we are looking forward to further support this exciting renewable energy project with Siemens Gamesa.’’
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee