At the Royal International Air Tattoo, CAE Elektronik GmbH announced that it has signed a teaming agreement with Boeing to support the H-47 Chinook helicopter being offered for the German Air Force’s STH (Schwerer Transporthubschrauber) heavy-lift helicopter competition.
Under terms of the teaming agreement, CAE Elektronik GmbH, based in Stolberg, Germany, would have responsibility for developing and supporting a range of aircrew training systems and services should the H-47 Chinook helicopter be selected by the Government of Germany.
“CAE Elektronik GmbH has a long history of supporting the German Armed Forces with rotary-wing training and simulation solutions, and as a company CAE has a wealth of experience delivering training systems for the Chinook helicopter,” said Marc-Olivier Sabourin, CAE’s Vice President and General Manager, Europe/Africa. “Our experience and training systems integration expertise is a perfect fit for Boeing’s offer of the technologically advanced, low-risk and proven H-47 for Germany’s heavy-lift helicopter requirement.”
CAE Elektronik GmbH is part of a group of German aerospace companies that have partnered with Boeing as part of the heavy-lift helicopter competition in Germany to provide additional capabilities, value and local expertise to the highly efficient platform and logistics solution. Boeing announced its German industry team at the ILA Berlin Airshow in April.
CAE joins a strong team behind the Boeing Chinook offer to Germany and will provide flight simulation technologies and training support services. CAE’s experience supporting the German Armed Forces with synthetic training solutions at the International Helicopter Training Centre in Bückeburg as well as on other rotary-wing platforms will help provide common and consistent training solutions across the helicopter platforms operated by the Bundeswehr.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO