At the Royal International Air Tattoo, CAE Elektronik GmbH announced that it has signed a teaming agreement with Boeing to support the H-47 Chinook helicopter being offered for the German Air Force’s STH (Schwerer Transporthubschrauber) heavy-lift helicopter competition.
Under terms of the teaming agreement, CAE Elektronik GmbH, based in Stolberg, Germany, would have responsibility for developing and supporting a range of aircrew training systems and services should the H-47 Chinook helicopter be selected by the Government of Germany.
“CAE Elektronik GmbH has a long history of supporting the German Armed Forces with rotary-wing training and simulation solutions, and as a company CAE has a wealth of experience delivering training systems for the Chinook helicopter,” said Marc-Olivier Sabourin, CAE’s Vice President and General Manager, Europe/Africa. “Our experience and training systems integration expertise is a perfect fit for Boeing’s offer of the technologically advanced, low-risk and proven H-47 for Germany’s heavy-lift helicopter requirement.”
CAE Elektronik GmbH is part of a group of German aerospace companies that have partnered with Boeing as part of the heavy-lift helicopter competition in Germany to provide additional capabilities, value and local expertise to the highly efficient platform and logistics solution. Boeing announced its German industry team at the ILA Berlin Airshow in April.
CAE joins a strong team behind the Boeing Chinook offer to Germany and will provide flight simulation technologies and training support services. CAE’s experience supporting the German Armed Forces with synthetic training solutions at the International Helicopter Training Centre in Bückeburg as well as on other rotary-wing platforms will help provide common and consistent training solutions across the helicopter platforms operated by the Bundeswehr.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report