Leonardo announced today that the New York City Department of Environmental Protection Police has taken delivery of its AW119Kx single engine helicopter during an official ceremony held at APSCON 2018 exhibition today.
As the largest single source water supply in the United States, the New York City water supply system is protected on the ground and from the air to prevent terrorism, pollution and crime and the AW119Kx will be used for operations in support of water supply protection.
The AW119Kx of the Department of Environmental Protection is fully customized and features searchlight, FLIR, external loudspeakers, rappelling and cargo hooks, expanded fuel system, a foldable stretcher, and high visibility crew doors on both sides of the aircraft. The aircraft also includes provisions for a Bambi Bucket to be used for firefighting operations.
This delivery expands the presence of the AW119Kx in law enforcement and public utility missions around the world, allowing operators to take advantage of a reconfigurable cabin that meets the most demanding requirements.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator