Leonardo announced today that the New York City Department of Environmental Protection Police has taken delivery of its AW119Kx single engine helicopter during an official ceremony held at APSCON 2018 exhibition today.
As the largest single source water supply in the United States, the New York City water supply system is protected on the ground and from the air to prevent terrorism, pollution and crime and the AW119Kx will be used for operations in support of water supply protection.
The AW119Kx of the Department of Environmental Protection is fully customized and features searchlight, FLIR, external loudspeakers, rappelling and cargo hooks, expanded fuel system, a foldable stretcher, and high visibility crew doors on both sides of the aircraft. The aircraft also includes provisions for a Bambi Bucket to be used for firefighting operations.
This delivery expands the presence of the AW119Kx in law enforcement and public utility missions around the world, allowing operators to take advantage of a reconfigurable cabin that meets the most demanding requirements.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit