Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) fulfilled the first service contract in the interests of the Lao Ministry of Defense, having transferred a batch of four Mi-17 helicopters at the official ceremony. The helicopters were repaired by a mobile group of specialists of JSC “356 ARP”, which is part of the Holding Company.
The transfer ceremony took place at the air base in Vientiane. The Lao Minister of Defence, Chansamone Chanyalath, and Chief of General Staff, Suvon Luongbunmi, inspected the repaired Mi-17 helicopters. During the official event, a crew of the Lao Air Force performed a demonstration flight in a repaired helicopter.
“The Holding Company is always ready to offer the most comfortable conditions for its customers in terms of both supplying helicopters and rendering after-sales services. Upon the request of the Lao party, we prepared a proposal for the repair of another batch of Mi-17 type helicopters. We hope the decision will be made in the near future,” noted Andrey Boginskiy, Director General of Russian Helicopters.
At the end of the event, the parties held negotiations related to the supplies of new helicopters and further cooperation in the area of service support of the earlier supplied rotorcraft.
The Lao aviation fleet comprises over 20 civil and military helicopters produced by the Holding Company’s enterprises. In addition to Mi-8/17 type helicopters, the country operates medium utility Ka-32T helicopters.
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO