CNC Technologies, an aviation technology and wireless communications company serving the law enforcement, military and government markets, announced today its selection by the Broward County Sheriff’s Office (BSO) to develop and support two airborne mission suites for the agency’s recently-acquired Airbus H125 helicopters. CNC has lead all aspects of the assignment, with responsibility for design, training commissioning and ongoing support of the new systems. Metro Aviation provided completion services on both aircraft, which will be put into service in August 2018.
Custom developed to enable real-time streaming of HD video and data between air crews and BSO command staff, the new mission suites are built around Churchill Navigation’s state-of-the-art ARS700C augmented reality moving map system. This will allow operators to seamlessly overlay location specific data on top of live HD video feeds, enhancing situational awareness. Other key mission suite components include FLIR Star SAFIRE 380-HDc imagers, Spectrolab SX-16 enhanced searchlights and Troll microwave video downlink systems. As part of the assignment, CNC is also building out both fixed and mobile receive sites that will provide uninterrupted connectivity across all of Broward County.
“CNC Technologies brings outstanding operational expertise developing sophisticated law enforcement solutions for the world’s most demanding operators and we are pleased to CNC Technologies 4980 Vanderbilt Street Suite 102, Ontario, CA 91761 +1 805 275 3738 cnctechnologies.com partner with them on this important assignment,” said BSO Major Oscar Llerena. “The company will play a key role in supporting our public safety mission across Broward County.”
CNC Technologies can deploy any level of solution from implementing a real-time microwave downlink capability to building out a nationwide counterterrorism network encompassing aircraft, ground-based receive sites, imaging platforms and encrypted communications systems for sovereign state clients. The CNC Technologies team also has extensive experience supporting Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) projects funded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
“The Broward Sheriff’s Office is one of the nation’s largest Sheriff’s offices with a broad and demanding mission profile and responsibility for the public safety of nearly two million citizens,” said Ron Magocsi, founding partner and chief technology officer at CNC Technologies. “We look forward to working closely with the agency to assist their airborne law enforcement operations.”
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s