MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces its participation in the 2018 Airborne Public Safety Aviation Convention (APSCON), July 11 -13, 2018 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, KY. The MDHI display will be anchored by a stunning MD 530F operated by Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) based in nearby Cincinnati, OH.
HCSO is the most recent law enforcement agency to upgrade their proven fleet of MD 500E helicopters via the MDHI-exclusive E-to-F Conversion Program. To date, 23 E-model aircraft have been upgraded through this FAA-approved program; achieving improved performance, reduced operating costs, and sustained safety and reliability.
In addition to showcasing its flagship E-to-F Conversion Program, MDHI will use the APSCON 2018 platform to celebrate its many ongoing modernization and product development initiatives, expanded training offerings, and continued improvements in aftermarket and customer support programs.
“2018 marks our 50th year of dedicated service to airborne law enforcement and public safety operations,” said Andy Pillado, Vice President, Commercial & Military Sales and Marketing for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are humbled by the loyalty these operators have shown our company and our aircraft, and we are committed to delivering excellence through all phases of acquisition, operation and ownership.”
Current and interested MDHI operators who visit the MDHI team at the 2018 Airborne Public Safety Aviation Convention (APSCON), booth #449, will be able to learn more about the following offerings:
Certified Glass Cockpits
Advanced, all-glass cockpits have been type certified for production and as type-design options for both the MD 600N and MD 530F. Certification efforts are ongoing for the company’s other single-engine models. The MD 530F Helicopter single-engine glass cockpit features:
Howell Instruments Electronic Engine Instruments and Crew Alert System (EICAS)
Garmin G500[H] TXi Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIS) with Touchscreen GDU 700P PFD/MFD
Garmin GTN 650 Touchscreen NAV/COM/GPS
Optional L-3 ESI 500 Electronic Standby Instrument
Law Enforcement & Public Safety-focused Training Courses
In addition to updating an already comprehensive commercial training catalog, MD Helicopters has expanded its curriculum to include a robust offering of mission-focused courses. Available exclusively through MD Helicopters’ Mesa, Arizona-based Training Academy, certified instructors will deliver classroom and hands-on training that incorporates safety, crew resource management and other air crew considerations.
Examples of courses developed specifically to meet the ever-expanding airborne public safety landscape include:
Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
Search & Rescue (SAR)
Alternate Insertion/Extraction Methods
Confined Area/High Altitude/Mountain Operations
Aftermarket & Customer Support Programs
The MD Helicopters Aftermarket and Customer Support teams continue to focus on innovation and responsiveness. Both the easy-to-use MyMD.aero customer portal and the newly established Aftermarket Center of Excellence (ACE) have played integral roles in ensuring optimal operational readiness for the global fleet of MDHI-brand helicopters.
“This is an incredibly exciting time for MD Helicopters. We are a company in the midst of tremendous and aggressive growth, and our future has never looked brighter,” Pillado concludes. “Our team is growing in all areas, production is increasing to meet a growing backlog, and certification efforts for a wide range of technologies are accelerating. It is truly a great time to be part of the MDHI family.”
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform