MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces its participation in the 2018 Airborne Public Safety Aviation Convention (APSCON), July 11 -13, 2018 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, KY. The MDHI display will be anchored by a stunning MD 530F operated by Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) based in nearby Cincinnati, OH.
HCSO is the most recent law enforcement agency to upgrade their proven fleet of MD 500E helicopters via the MDHI-exclusive E-to-F Conversion Program. To date, 23 E-model aircraft have been upgraded through this FAA-approved program; achieving improved performance, reduced operating costs, and sustained safety and reliability.
In addition to showcasing its flagship E-to-F Conversion Program, MDHI will use the APSCON 2018 platform to celebrate its many ongoing modernization and product development initiatives, expanded training offerings, and continued improvements in aftermarket and customer support programs.
“2018 marks our 50th year of dedicated service to airborne law enforcement and public safety operations,” said Andy Pillado, Vice President, Commercial & Military Sales and Marketing for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are humbled by the loyalty these operators have shown our company and our aircraft, and we are committed to delivering excellence through all phases of acquisition, operation and ownership.”
Current and interested MDHI operators who visit the MDHI team at the 2018 Airborne Public Safety Aviation Convention (APSCON), booth #449, will be able to learn more about the following offerings:
Certified Glass Cockpits
Advanced, all-glass cockpits have been type certified for production and as type-design options for both the MD 600N and MD 530F. Certification efforts are ongoing for the company’s other single-engine models. The MD 530F Helicopter single-engine glass cockpit features:
Howell Instruments Electronic Engine Instruments and Crew Alert System (EICAS)
Garmin G500[H] TXi Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIS) with Touchscreen GDU 700P PFD/MFD
Garmin GTN 650 Touchscreen NAV/COM/GPS
Optional L-3 ESI 500 Electronic Standby Instrument
Law Enforcement & Public Safety-focused Training Courses
In addition to updating an already comprehensive commercial training catalog, MD Helicopters has expanded its curriculum to include a robust offering of mission-focused courses. Available exclusively through MD Helicopters’ Mesa, Arizona-based Training Academy, certified instructors will deliver classroom and hands-on training that incorporates safety, crew resource management and other air crew considerations.
Examples of courses developed specifically to meet the ever-expanding airborne public safety landscape include:
Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
Search & Rescue (SAR)
Alternate Insertion/Extraction Methods
Confined Area/High Altitude/Mountain Operations
Aftermarket & Customer Support Programs
The MD Helicopters Aftermarket and Customer Support teams continue to focus on innovation and responsiveness. Both the easy-to-use MyMD.aero customer portal and the newly established Aftermarket Center of Excellence (ACE) have played integral roles in ensuring optimal operational readiness for the global fleet of MDHI-brand helicopters.
“This is an incredibly exciting time for MD Helicopters. We are a company in the midst of tremendous and aggressive growth, and our future has never looked brighter,” Pillado concludes. “Our team is growing in all areas, production is increasing to meet a growing backlog, and certification efforts for a wide range of technologies are accelerating. It is truly a great time to be part of the MDHI family.”
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska