Metro Aviation is attending the Airborne Public Safety Aviation Conference (APSCON) July 11-13 and exhibiting the first of two new H125 aircraft the company recently completed for Broward County Sheriff’s Office (BSO).
The NVG-compatible aircraft is equipped with the Garmin G500H electronic flight display system, Cobham RT-7000 airborne tactical radio, special operations platform with external rappel arms and CNC Technologies package to include a FLIR unit, Churchill Augmented Reality Mapping System (ATOM) and SX-16 Nightsun Enhanced Searchlight.
On average, BSO conducts 2,500 missions a year with approximately 2,000 flight hours. The unit is equipped to perform diversified missions, including search and rescue operations in the everglades and offshore, deployment and extraction of the SWAT team and criminal search and apprehension.
Metro Aviation specializes in law enforcement completions with customers that include Seminole County Sheriff’s Office, Massachusetts State Police and Texas Department of Public Safety. Metro’s 160,000sf completion center is equipped for machining, avionics, paint, production and final assembly.
Visit Metro Aviation, Outerlink Global Solutions, PAC International and the Helicopter Flight Training Center during APSCON on Booth 821 and make plans to join the Metro Companies for Happy Hour on the booth July 12th, from 2-4pm.
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service
- UK to advise Kazakhstan on aviation regulation
- SEI Industries is a Finalist for the 2019 BC Export Awards
- UAVOS Unmanned Helicopter Robinson for Precision Farming