Metro Aviation is attending the Airborne Public Safety Aviation Conference (APSCON) July 11-13 and exhibiting the first of two new H125 aircraft the company recently completed for Broward County Sheriff’s Office (BSO).
The NVG-compatible aircraft is equipped with the Garmin G500H electronic flight display system, Cobham RT-7000 airborne tactical radio, special operations platform with external rappel arms and CNC Technologies package to include a FLIR unit, Churchill Augmented Reality Mapping System (ATOM) and SX-16 Nightsun Enhanced Searchlight.
On average, BSO conducts 2,500 missions a year with approximately 2,000 flight hours. The unit is equipped to perform diversified missions, including search and rescue operations in the everglades and offshore, deployment and extraction of the SWAT team and criminal search and apprehension.
Metro Aviation specializes in law enforcement completions with customers that include Seminole County Sheriff’s Office, Massachusetts State Police and Texas Department of Public Safety. Metro’s 160,000sf completion center is equipped for machining, avionics, paint, production and final assembly.
Visit Metro Aviation, Outerlink Global Solutions, PAC International and the Helicopter Flight Training Center during APSCON on Booth 821 and make plans to join the Metro Companies for Happy Hour on the booth July 12th, from 2-4pm.
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results
- Bell 407GXI certified in China
- India looking for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
- FreeFlight Systems announces Sapphire Elite recognition program
- Contracts signed for air medical evacuation services in Europe and Africa
- Service center ODK-Klimov and UTair-Engineering helped Sanaviatsii
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal implements new Kathmandu heli-lanes
- Coptersafety provides update on H125 simulator
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations
- Universal Avionics to present innovative flight deck solutions at Heli-Expo
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2019
- DART’s H135 Crosstubes get approvals
- Heli-Union commences contract in French Guyana with two AS365Ns
- Raytheon Awarded $15M Contract for CV-22 Software Delivery
- Kailash Helicopter plans to add more helicopters
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- Austria – HeliAir upgrades OAMTC Airbus H135
- Volocopter works with Fraport to develop airport infrastructure