Metro Aviation is attending the Airborne Public Safety Aviation Conference (APSCON) July 11-13 and exhibiting the first of two new H125 aircraft the company recently completed for Broward County Sheriff’s Office (BSO).
The NVG-compatible aircraft is equipped with the Garmin G500H electronic flight display system, Cobham RT-7000 airborne tactical radio, special operations platform with external rappel arms and CNC Technologies package to include a FLIR unit, Churchill Augmented Reality Mapping System (ATOM) and SX-16 Nightsun Enhanced Searchlight.
On average, BSO conducts 2,500 missions a year with approximately 2,000 flight hours. The unit is equipped to perform diversified missions, including search and rescue operations in the everglades and offshore, deployment and extraction of the SWAT team and criminal search and apprehension.
Metro Aviation specializes in law enforcement completions with customers that include Seminole County Sheriff’s Office, Massachusetts State Police and Texas Department of Public Safety. Metro’s 160,000sf completion center is equipped for machining, avionics, paint, production and final assembly.
Visit Metro Aviation, Outerlink Global Solutions, PAC International and the Helicopter Flight Training Center during APSCON on Booth 821 and make plans to join the Metro Companies for Happy Hour on the booth July 12th, from 2-4pm.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words