DART Aerospace is happy to present an improvement to the Rotorcraft Flight Manual Supplement (RFMS) for its PA100 PUREair engine protection system for Airbus Helicopters H125/AS350 and H130/EC130.
In order to unlock some additional power, DART and PALL Aerospace Corp. agreed to support a new flight test program, where additional data was gathered, allowing them to reduce RFMS restrictions on a PA100 equipped aircraft.
The previous RFMS applied an 85 kg penalty when calculating hover performance, regardless of whether the aircraft could pass the OEM Engine Health Check with the PA100 installed.
Following this new battery of tests, this penalty was removed completely in cases where an aircraft could pass the OEM Health Check with the PA100 installed.
For operators of the AS350B3e with Arriel 2D engines, the VEMD can be configured so that there is no performance penalty with the PA100 installed … ever.
For operators of AS350B3 (and earlier) aircraft and EC130B4/T2 aircraft that do not pass the OEM Health Check with the PA100 installed, penalties have been reduced to 52 kg (HIGE) and 58 kg (HOGE).
This improved performance is available to all new deliveries as well as DART customers on all 6 continents who are already operating this system.
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- HeloAir appoints new Chief Pilot
- Bell teams with Sumitomo Corp and Japan Airlines to explore Air Mobility
- Airbus Helicopters replaces Keycopter platform with AirbusWorld
- Austrian innovation extends Airbus Helicopters product range
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips