Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), announced the sale of an S-76D™ aircraft to the Government of Maharashtra in India. The announcement came during the Farnborough International Airshow.
This contract marks the first sale of an S-76D helicopter in India. Delivery is scheduled in 2019.
“The S-76D helicopter introduction has been quite successful in the Indo-Pacific region, with more than 30 aircraft sold and delivered in the last five years,” said Christophe Nurit, Sikorsky’s Regional Executive for Asia. “The aircraft has been selected and proven for multiple mission requirements ranging from Naval and Coast Guard operations to Executive Transport. One of our clients in Asia has accumulated 10,000 hours on its S-76D fleet in less than two years. This is another great achievement for this product. Sikorsky is proud to now introduce it in India.”
S-76D helicopter VIP options include a customized interior with seating for five to eight passengers. Uniquely, the S-76D helicopter can hold its rotor system still while running an engine to power the on-board air-conditioning system for safe, comfortable loading and unloading into the pre-cooled cabin during the summer season and hot climates.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 875 S-76® helicopters to customers globally since 1977, amassing more than 7.25 million fleet flight hours.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza