Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), announced the sale of an S-76D™ aircraft to the Government of Maharashtra in India. The announcement came during the Farnborough International Airshow.
This contract marks the first sale of an S-76D helicopter in India. Delivery is scheduled in 2019.
“The S-76D helicopter introduction has been quite successful in the Indo-Pacific region, with more than 30 aircraft sold and delivered in the last five years,” said Christophe Nurit, Sikorsky’s Regional Executive for Asia. “The aircraft has been selected and proven for multiple mission requirements ranging from Naval and Coast Guard operations to Executive Transport. One of our clients in Asia has accumulated 10,000 hours on its S-76D fleet in less than two years. This is another great achievement for this product. Sikorsky is proud to now introduce it in India.”
S-76D helicopter VIP options include a customized interior with seating for five to eight passengers. Uniquely, the S-76D helicopter can hold its rotor system still while running an engine to power the on-board air-conditioning system for safe, comfortable loading and unloading into the pre-cooled cabin during the summer season and hot climates.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 875 S-76® helicopters to customers globally since 1977, amassing more than 7.25 million fleet flight hours.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet