Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), announced the sale of an S-76D™ aircraft to the Government of Maharashtra in India. The announcement came during the Farnborough International Airshow.
This contract marks the first sale of an S-76D helicopter in India. Delivery is scheduled in 2019.
“The S-76D helicopter introduction has been quite successful in the Indo-Pacific region, with more than 30 aircraft sold and delivered in the last five years,” said Christophe Nurit, Sikorsky’s Regional Executive for Asia. “The aircraft has been selected and proven for multiple mission requirements ranging from Naval and Coast Guard operations to Executive Transport. One of our clients in Asia has accumulated 10,000 hours on its S-76D fleet in less than two years. This is another great achievement for this product. Sikorsky is proud to now introduce it in India.”
S-76D helicopter VIP options include a customized interior with seating for five to eight passengers. Uniquely, the S-76D helicopter can hold its rotor system still while running an engine to power the on-board air-conditioning system for safe, comfortable loading and unloading into the pre-cooled cabin during the summer season and hot climates.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 875 S-76® helicopters to customers globally since 1977, amassing more than 7.25 million fleet flight hours.
- Northern HeliCopter Secures HEMS Contract for German Offshore Wind Farms
- First use with DRF Luftrettung EpiShuttle for Civil Air Ambulance
- Kopter officially joins Leonardo Helicopters
- Coulson Aviation expand helicopter firefighting ops in Australia
- FlightSafety delivers the ground school portion of LiveLearning training system
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- COVID-19 – Airbus recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of their helicopters
- STARS announce winners of 2020 Alberta Lottery
- Boeing Delivers First CH-47F Chinook to Royal Netherlands Air Force
- COVID-19 – CHC adapt AW139s with all approvals completed inside two weeks
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements