LONGBOW Limited Liability Company (LLC) and the U.S. Army have definitized contracts valued at to provide LONGBOW Fire Control Radar (FCR) hardware for Apache AH-64E helicopters supporting U.S. Army lots 7 and 8 plus three international customers.
LONGBOW LLC is a joint venture of Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) and Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC).
The contracts include LONGBOW FCR Mast Mounted Assemblies (MMA), Radar Electronics Units (REU) and spares for the U.S. Army, , and , making the 13th international customer to receive LONGBOW FCR. Production will extend through at Lockheed Martin’s and , facilities and at Northrop Grumman’s , facility.
“We remain focused on delivering significant upgrades and products as quickly and efficiently as possible,” said , LONGBOW LLC president and director of LONGBOW programs at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. “This contract allows us to supply the U.S. Army fleet with REUs, which is the foundation for future enhancements like extended range, maritime mode and unmanned aerial systems detection.”
“The LONGBOW FCR REU continues to provide outstanding capabilities to our customers,” said , LONGBOW LLC vice president and vice president Advanced Tactical Systems, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. “The REU provides growth capabilities to LONGBOW FCR while reducing space, weight and power, along with maintenance cost.”
The MMA and REU are key components of the LONGBOW FCR. The LONGBOW FCR automatically searches, detects, locates, classifies and prioritizes multiple moving or stationary targets on land or in the air, in clear or adverse weather, and in obscured battlefields – giving commanders the precision engagement capabilities necessary to win the battle.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet