Meggitt PLC, a leading international company specialising in high performance components and sub-systems for the aerospace, defence and energy markets, today announces a $21m contract with Defense Logistics Agency (‘DLA’) Richmond, Virginia to supply fuel cell equipment for the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter until 2022.
Meggitt’s crashworthy, self-seal fuel tanks, which meet the ultra-rigorous standards of flexibility, strength, impact and cut-and-tear resistance of US MIL-T-27422B, have stopped fuel spillage and reduced fire-related death and injury in survivable helicopter crashes to almost zero. Meggitt will manufacture the UH-60 fuel cell equipment from its Rockmart facility.
Stewart Watson, President of Meggitt Polymers & Composites, said: “Meggitt is proud of the trust that DLA Richmond has once again placed in Meggitt to provide fuel cell equipment for the Black Hawk helicopter, underlining the exceptional performance record of our fuel cell technology, which is now present on virtually all US military helicopters”.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report