Meggitt PLC, a leading international company specialising in high performance components and sub-systems for the aerospace, defence and energy markets, today announces a $21m contract with Defense Logistics Agency (‘DLA’) Richmond, Virginia to supply fuel cell equipment for the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter until 2022.
Meggitt’s crashworthy, self-seal fuel tanks, which meet the ultra-rigorous standards of flexibility, strength, impact and cut-and-tear resistance of US MIL-T-27422B, have stopped fuel spillage and reduced fire-related death and injury in survivable helicopter crashes to almost zero. Meggitt will manufacture the UH-60 fuel cell equipment from its Rockmart facility.
Stewart Watson, President of Meggitt Polymers & Composites, said: “Meggitt is proud of the trust that DLA Richmond has once again placed in Meggitt to provide fuel cell equipment for the Black Hawk helicopter, underlining the exceptional performance record of our fuel cell technology, which is now present on virtually all US military helicopters”.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement