Meggitt PLC, a leading international company specialising in high performance components and sub-systems for the aerospace, defence and energy markets, today announces a $21m contract with Defense Logistics Agency (‘DLA’) Richmond, Virginia to supply fuel cell equipment for the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter until 2022.
Meggitt’s crashworthy, self-seal fuel tanks, which meet the ultra-rigorous standards of flexibility, strength, impact and cut-and-tear resistance of US MIL-T-27422B, have stopped fuel spillage and reduced fire-related death and injury in survivable helicopter crashes to almost zero. Meggitt will manufacture the UH-60 fuel cell equipment from its Rockmart facility.
Stewart Watson, President of Meggitt Polymers & Composites, said: “Meggitt is proud of the trust that DLA Richmond has once again placed in Meggitt to provide fuel cell equipment for the Black Hawk helicopter, underlining the exceptional performance record of our fuel cell technology, which is now present on virtually all US military helicopters”.
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service