Meggitt PLC, a leading international company specialising in high performance components and sub-systems for the aerospace, defence and energy markets, today announces a $21m contract with Defense Logistics Agency (‘DLA’) Richmond, Virginia to supply fuel cell equipment for the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter until 2022.
Meggitt’s crashworthy, self-seal fuel tanks, which meet the ultra-rigorous standards of flexibility, strength, impact and cut-and-tear resistance of US MIL-T-27422B, have stopped fuel spillage and reduced fire-related death and injury in survivable helicopter crashes to almost zero. Meggitt will manufacture the UH-60 fuel cell equipment from its Rockmart facility.
Stewart Watson, President of Meggitt Polymers & Composites, said: “Meggitt is proud of the trust that DLA Richmond has once again placed in Meggitt to provide fuel cell equipment for the Black Hawk helicopter, underlining the exceptional performance record of our fuel cell technology, which is now present on virtually all US military helicopters”.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit