L3 Aviation Products has been selected by aircraft manufacturer Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to provide the FA2300 Modular Airborne Data Recorder/Acquisition System (MADRAS) for its Advanced Light Helicopter and Light Combat Helicopter production programs.
“L3 is pleased to build on our long-standing relationship with HAL to deliver the versatile MADRAS flight data and audio recorder system, a proven cockpit solution for helicopters and other platforms now produced and supported in India,” said Tony Nardone, President of Aviation Products, which is part of L3 Commercial Aviation. “Our selection on these platforms is indicative of L3’s continuing strategic investment in India and commitment to growth in support of HAL.”
L3’s FA2300 MADRAS is a Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) produced in India that provides high-speed recording of flight data and audio critical for post-flight analysis and accident investigation. MADRAS records up to 256 words-per-second for a minimum of 25 hours and has the capability to record four channels of high-quality audio for up to two hours. The recorder’s high reliability in the field and single-LRU design result in lower costs over the life of the system.
In 2015, L3 established a manufacturing facility and avionics repair hub in Bengaluru to better serve customers in the region. In 2018, the company began building electronic subassemblies in India for the flight data recorder in that area. L3 currently provides services and support on the MADRAS system at its facility in Bengaluru, which was approved in early 2018 as a CAR 145 repair station serving civil aviation and other non-military customers.
L3 Aviation Products is a provider of commercial and military avionics within L3’s Commercial Aviation business. The company manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products for next-generation requirements, including transponders, ADS-B systems, configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L3 Aviation Products also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator