L3 Aviation Products has been selected by aircraft manufacturer Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to provide the FA2300 Modular Airborne Data Recorder/Acquisition System (MADRAS) for its Advanced Light Helicopter and Light Combat Helicopter production programs.
“L3 is pleased to build on our long-standing relationship with HAL to deliver the versatile MADRAS flight data and audio recorder system, a proven cockpit solution for helicopters and other platforms now produced and supported in India,” said Tony Nardone, President of Aviation Products, which is part of L3 Commercial Aviation. “Our selection on these platforms is indicative of L3’s continuing strategic investment in India and commitment to growth in support of HAL.”
L3’s FA2300 MADRAS is a Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) produced in India that provides high-speed recording of flight data and audio critical for post-flight analysis and accident investigation. MADRAS records up to 256 words-per-second for a minimum of 25 hours and has the capability to record four channels of high-quality audio for up to two hours. The recorder’s high reliability in the field and single-LRU design result in lower costs over the life of the system.
In 2015, L3 established a manufacturing facility and avionics repair hub in Bengaluru to better serve customers in the region. In 2018, the company began building electronic subassemblies in India for the flight data recorder in that area. L3 currently provides services and support on the MADRAS system at its facility in Bengaluru, which was approved in early 2018 as a CAR 145 repair station serving civil aviation and other non-military customers.
L3 Aviation Products is a provider of commercial and military avionics within L3’s Commercial Aviation business. The company manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products for next-generation requirements, including transponders, ADS-B systems, configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L3 Aviation Products also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet