L3 Aviation Products has been selected by aircraft manufacturer Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to provide the FA2300 Modular Airborne Data Recorder/Acquisition System (MADRAS) for its Advanced Light Helicopter and Light Combat Helicopter production programs.
“L3 is pleased to build on our long-standing relationship with HAL to deliver the versatile MADRAS flight data and audio recorder system, a proven cockpit solution for helicopters and other platforms now produced and supported in India,” said Tony Nardone, President of Aviation Products, which is part of L3 Commercial Aviation. “Our selection on these platforms is indicative of L3’s continuing strategic investment in India and commitment to growth in support of HAL.”
L3’s FA2300 MADRAS is a Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) produced in India that provides high-speed recording of flight data and audio critical for post-flight analysis and accident investigation. MADRAS records up to 256 words-per-second for a minimum of 25 hours and has the capability to record four channels of high-quality audio for up to two hours. The recorder’s high reliability in the field and single-LRU design result in lower costs over the life of the system.
In 2015, L3 established a manufacturing facility and avionics repair hub in Bengaluru to better serve customers in the region. In 2018, the company began building electronic subassemblies in India for the flight data recorder in that area. L3 currently provides services and support on the MADRAS system at its facility in Bengaluru, which was approved in early 2018 as a CAR 145 repair station serving civil aviation and other non-military customers.
L3 Aviation Products is a provider of commercial and military avionics within L3’s Commercial Aviation business. The company manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products for next-generation requirements, including transponders, ADS-B systems, configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L3 Aviation Products also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems.
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified