L3 Aviation Products has been selected by aircraft manufacturer Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to provide the FA2300 Modular Airborne Data Recorder/Acquisition System (MADRAS) for its Advanced Light Helicopter and Light Combat Helicopter production programs.
“L3 is pleased to build on our long-standing relationship with HAL to deliver the versatile MADRAS flight data and audio recorder system, a proven cockpit solution for helicopters and other platforms now produced and supported in India,” said Tony Nardone, President of Aviation Products, which is part of L3 Commercial Aviation. “Our selection on these platforms is indicative of L3’s continuing strategic investment in India and commitment to growth in support of HAL.”
L3’s FA2300 MADRAS is a Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) produced in India that provides high-speed recording of flight data and audio critical for post-flight analysis and accident investigation. MADRAS records up to 256 words-per-second for a minimum of 25 hours and has the capability to record four channels of high-quality audio for up to two hours. The recorder’s high reliability in the field and single-LRU design result in lower costs over the life of the system.
In 2015, L3 established a manufacturing facility and avionics repair hub in Bengaluru to better serve customers in the region. In 2018, the company began building electronic subassemblies in India for the flight data recorder in that area. L3 currently provides services and support on the MADRAS system at its facility in Bengaluru, which was approved in early 2018 as a CAR 145 repair station serving civil aviation and other non-military customers.
L3 Aviation Products is a provider of commercial and military avionics within L3’s Commercial Aviation business. The company manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products for next-generation requirements, including transponders, ADS-B systems, configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L3 Aviation Products also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems.
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model