Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, announced today that it has completed a lease transaction for three new AW169 helicopters to Emerald Pacific Airlines (“Emerald Pacific”) in Taiwan to be used in EMS operations and other missions. This transaction marks Waypoint’s third, fourth, and fifth AW169 deliveries globally, as well as the first helicopter lease in Taiwan.
Philip Stransky, Waypoint’s Vice President of Sales & Relationship Management, Asia Pacific, said, “This is a very important transaction for Waypoint as it marks the beginning of a collaborative partnership with a new, well-respected customer, and the entry into a very important market – Taiwan. Emerald Pacific is well positioned to take advantage of the growth in demand for EMS services in Taiwan, and we look forward to supporting their financial and leasing needs. We would like to thank the Taiwanese Civil Aeronautics Administration for their professionalism and Leonardo for assisting our team in the execution of the first helicopter lease in Taiwan.”
James Lee, Chairman of Emerald Pacific, said, “Waypoint proved themselves to be a strong partner in supporting our important government EMS operations. Their customer-focused dedication and operational knowledge were key elements to the efficient and flexible execution of this agreement. We are pleased to sign our first helicopter lease with Waypoint and look forward to working with them as we continue to expand our fleet in the future.”
Since its inception in 2013, Waypoint has been active in supporting oil and gas, utility, firefighting and other industrial-focused helicopter operators. Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 160 aircraft for 35 customers in 34 countries with total assets in excess of $1.6 billion. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for more than 70 helicopters valued at more than $750 million, to be delivered over the next four years.
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas