Kaman Aerosystems, a division of the Aerospace segment of Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Rainier Heli International Inc. (Rainier), of Kirkland, Washington, under which Rainier will offer K-MAX® leasing solutions to customers. Rainier specializes in providing lease and lease-to-purchase programs tailored to meet the specific needs of helicopter operators around the world.
“Rainier has operated a K-MAX® in the US and abroad performing fire-fighting and utility missions for more than twenty years. As a current owner operator of multiple helicopters, we understand the outstanding value proposition K-MAX® offers to the external lift market, including firefighting and power line construction,” stated Lon Halvorson, CEO of Rainier.
“We are very pleased that Rainier has decided to invest in the future success of the K-MAX® program with this important milestone,” stated Roger Wassmuth Senior Director, Business Development. “We expect this partnership will allow us to further penetrate emerging markets around the world with new production aircraft through a new financing alternative.”
Development of the K-MAX® was led by Kaman founder and former CEO, aviation pioneer Charlie H. Kaman, and received Federal Aviation Administration certification in 1994. The single-engine, single-seat K-MAX® is a rugged low-maintenance aircraft that features a counter-rotating rotor system and is optimized for external load operations and designed specifically for vertical reference flight. The aircraft can lift up to 6,000 pounds (2,722 kg).
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset