On Friday, July 27, 2018, at 1:00 PM, Chief Eddie Garcia will unveil “Air3,” a new Airbus H125 helicopter to replace the current Air2 helicopter. Air3 will provide greater safety for officers and the community with its modern capabilities.
The Airbus H125 helicopter is one of the most commonly operated single engine helicopters in law enforcement and has an exceptional safety record. It has increased passenger capacity with the ability to accommodate six occupants as opposed to the previous three person capacity.
Air3 will assist units on the ground for a variety of situations, which include supporting patrol officers on routine calls for service, responding to priority events such as vehicle pursuits, and searching for armed suspects and missing persons. Air3 also provides a visible and psychological deterrent to law violators while it patrols the City through the air. Air3 is a critical asset for specialized units working special events or conducting tactical operations where aerial views provide enhanced situational awareness for personnel managing the events.
Air3 will land for media viewing in front of the San Jose Police Department, located at 201 W. Mission St. in San Jose.
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden