On Friday, July 27, 2018, at 1:00 PM, Chief Eddie Garcia will unveil “Air3,” a new Airbus H125 helicopter to replace the current Air2 helicopter. Air3 will provide greater safety for officers and the community with its modern capabilities.
The Airbus H125 helicopter is one of the most commonly operated single engine helicopters in law enforcement and has an exceptional safety record. It has increased passenger capacity with the ability to accommodate six occupants as opposed to the previous three person capacity.
Air3 will assist units on the ground for a variety of situations, which include supporting patrol officers on routine calls for service, responding to priority events such as vehicle pursuits, and searching for armed suspects and missing persons. Air3 also provides a visible and psychological deterrent to law violators while it patrols the City through the air. Air3 is a critical asset for specialized units working special events or conducting tactical operations where aerial views provide enhanced situational awareness for personnel managing the events.
Air3 will land for media viewing in front of the San Jose Police Department, located at 201 W. Mission St. in San Jose.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software