Precise Flight, Inc. has announced that the Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System has been granted foreign validation from the European Aviation Safety Administration (EASA) and the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) for Bell 407 aircraft.
The Pulselite® System is an FAA certified lightweight electrical system controller that alternately pulses the landing and auxiliary lights of a helicopter, thereby increasing its visibility and reflecting the speed and directional movement of the aircraft. In addition to enhancing the margin of safety by increasing aircraft recognition, the Pulselite® System has been proven to significantly reduce bird strikes. The Pulselite® System is certified for all major rotorcraft models through the Federal Aviation Administration.
The recent exponential growth in global bird populations, combined with the increase in global air traffic, has caused bird strikes to become a primary safety threat and financial burden to rotorcraft operators.
“The Pulselite® System is installed on more than 25,000 aircraft around the world, and continues to be the gold standard for aircraft recognition and bird strike reduction,” said Doug La Placa, Chief Executive Officer of Precise Flight, Inc. “The Bell 407 is one of the most successful and prestigious programs in the global rotorcraft industry, and Precise Flight is honored to offer the Pulselite® System to Bell’s customers in the fastest growing rotorcraft markets.”
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats