The first stage of the aerodynamic tests of the light-weight multi-purpose VRT500 helicopter has been completed at the facilities of the Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute (TsAGI). The aircraft is a new development by VR-Technologies Design Bureau of Russian Helicopters Holding belonging to Rostec State Corporation.
The new helicopter’s 1:4 scale model was tested in the institute in-house free-spinning wind tunnel. During the tests, the drag of the model body and its most critical components – fuselage, nacelle, rotor mast and tail group was evaluated.
VRT500 is a light-weight single-engine helicopter featuring a coaxial configuration and a take-off weight of 1,600 kg. The vehicle was put on public display for the first time at the HeliRussia-2018 International Exhibition of helicopter manufacturers. This is the first light-weight helicopter built by the holding with a take-off weight of less than 2 tons.
The VRT500 helicopter has the largest cargo-and-passenger cabin in its class with a total capacity of up to 5 people. It is equipped with an interactive control system.
The machine is capable of developing a speed of up to 250 km/h, covering distances of up to 860 km, and carrying up to 730 kg of payload. The several VRT500modifications include those designed for passengers, multi-purpose, cargo, training, VIP and emergency situations. Besides, VRT500 will become the first world’s emergency helicopter in the class of helicopters with a take-off weight of less than two tons capable of loading and unloading standard-dimensioned cots through the rear cockpit doors to simplify the process and save time.
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden