The first stage of the aerodynamic tests of the light-weight multi-purpose VRT500 helicopter has been completed at the facilities of the Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute (TsAGI). The aircraft is a new development by VR-Technologies Design Bureau of Russian Helicopters Holding belonging to Rostec State Corporation.
The new helicopter’s 1:4 scale model was tested in the institute in-house free-spinning wind tunnel. During the tests, the drag of the model body and its most critical components – fuselage, nacelle, rotor mast and tail group was evaluated.
VRT500 is a light-weight single-engine helicopter featuring a coaxial configuration and a take-off weight of 1,600 kg. The vehicle was put on public display for the first time at the HeliRussia-2018 International Exhibition of helicopter manufacturers. This is the first light-weight helicopter built by the holding with a take-off weight of less than 2 tons.
The VRT500 helicopter has the largest cargo-and-passenger cabin in its class with a total capacity of up to 5 people. It is equipped with an interactive control system.
The machine is capable of developing a speed of up to 250 km/h, covering distances of up to 860 km, and carrying up to 730 kg of payload. The several VRT500modifications include those designed for passengers, multi-purpose, cargo, training, VIP and emergency situations. Besides, VRT500 will become the first world’s emergency helicopter in the class of helicopters with a take-off weight of less than two tons capable of loading and unloading standard-dimensioned cots through the rear cockpit doors to simplify the process and save time.
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135