Owners of Airbus H125/AS350 series helicopters have a new option for dramatically improved visibility during flight operations.
EuroTec Vertical Flight Solutions (EuroTec) has recently completed the first North American install of the popular Maximum Pilot View Kit (MPVK) from Swiss Rotor Solutions. EuroTec provides sales and support for the MPVK with complete installation services.
A significant step forward in visibility, the MPVK is suitable for all operator types and particularly those flying external load, aerial powerline patrol/service, airborne public safety, tour and firefighting missions.
Key features include improved lateral headroom for pilots, a seamless righthand panorama and elimination of airframe structures that typically cause loss of target view.
Compared with prior options, the MPVK increases visibility by a factor of 10 allowing superior downward and lateral views of terrain and load, improving speed and efficiency of flight operations. Safety of flight can be drastically improved due to the superior field of view.
EuroTec performed the installation for Washington-based Rainier Heli International, the first operator in North America to implement the Maximum Pilot View Kit.
“Partnering with the innovative team at Swiss Rotor Solutions allows our customers a streamlined implementation of this new offering,” states EuroTec’s President, Chad Decker. “Our team at EuroTec has decades of background in the H125 airframe, ensuring a quality installation every time.”
Pilots see substantial improvements in visibility and operational benefits.
“After many years of fatigue and strain during vertical reference flights, this (Maximum Pilot View Kit) door and window upgrade is a major safety and efficiency improvement,” states longtime Pilot/Owner Jim Robinson with St. Louis Helicopter.
Robinson’s company conducts frequent external load and precision placement operations across the U.S.
“After completing a recent H125 lift contract placing 200 air conditioning units, it is very evident that the new door made all the difference in visibility, a much lower fatigue factor with easier view of the load, particularly compared with options we had years prior” adds Robinson. “The installation on the aircraft is high quality and impressive in its design.”
More than 25 of the Maximum Pilot View Kits are now in operation globally, and EuroTec states that further installations are planned.
“The Maximum Pilot View Kit is a remarkable airframe enhancement and we encourage H125/AS350 operators to contact us for an in-depth review of the product and their needs,” adds Decker.
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- HeloAir appoints new Chief Pilot
- Bell teams with Sumitomo Corp and Japan Airlines to explore Air Mobility
- Airbus Helicopters replaces Keycopter platform with AirbusWorld
- Austrian innovation extends Airbus Helicopters product range
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips