Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance have flown to their 8,000th mission.
The crew who responded to the milestone mission on Wednesday evening (1st August) were Dr Liz Shewry, Specialist Critical Care paramedics, Mike Funge and Oliver Saddler and Pilot Marcus Doyle.
Since the first flight 11 years ago, our Critical Care Teams have responded to seriously ill or injured patients across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
Doctors, paramedics and pilots make up the Critical Care Teams, with the Charity team constantly fundraising to keep the Air Ambulance flying and saving lives.
As well as having the Air Ambulance, we also provide a Critical Care Team Vehicle. The Volvo XC90 is staffed with Specialist Critical Care paramedics and doctors who carry the same equipment as the Air Ambulance; both deliver the same level of care that you would expect from a hospital emergency department.
The car can reach patients where the Air Ambulance may not be able to land, such as city centres.
Chief Executive of Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance, Alex Lochrane said: “We are proud to have been able to deliver this life-saving service to so many people across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. 8,000 call-outs means we have been able to reach 8,000 people in their hour of need. This is only possible thanks to the generosity of the local community. We are not government funded. Our Charity is run entirely on donations from the community, for the community. I am truly grateful to anyone who puts some pennies in one of our collection pots, plays our Charity Lottery, donates monthly or takes on one of our fundraising challenges. Any donation, big or small, makes such a difference.”
The milestone comes as we experienced our busiest month of the year so far, with 164 call-outs recorded in July.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet