Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance have flown to their 8,000th mission.
The crew who responded to the milestone mission on Wednesday evening (1st August) were Dr Liz Shewry, Specialist Critical Care paramedics, Mike Funge and Oliver Saddler and Pilot Marcus Doyle.
Since the first flight 11 years ago, our Critical Care Teams have responded to seriously ill or injured patients across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
Doctors, paramedics and pilots make up the Critical Care Teams, with the Charity team constantly fundraising to keep the Air Ambulance flying and saving lives.
As well as having the Air Ambulance, we also provide a Critical Care Team Vehicle. The Volvo XC90 is staffed with Specialist Critical Care paramedics and doctors who carry the same equipment as the Air Ambulance; both deliver the same level of care that you would expect from a hospital emergency department.
The car can reach patients where the Air Ambulance may not be able to land, such as city centres.
Chief Executive of Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance, Alex Lochrane said: “We are proud to have been able to deliver this life-saving service to so many people across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. 8,000 call-outs means we have been able to reach 8,000 people in their hour of need. This is only possible thanks to the generosity of the local community. We are not government funded. Our Charity is run entirely on donations from the community, for the community. I am truly grateful to anyone who puts some pennies in one of our collection pots, plays our Charity Lottery, donates monthly or takes on one of our fundraising challenges. Any donation, big or small, makes such a difference.”
The milestone comes as we experienced our busiest month of the year so far, with 164 call-outs recorded in July.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report