The Bell 525 program recently completed hot weather testing in Yuma, Arizona at temperatures up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit as well as high altitude operations to density altitudes of 14,000 feet.
Earlier this year, the Bell 525 completed cold weather testing at temperatures down to minus 37 degrees Fahrenheit in North Manitoba, Canada.
The Bell 525 flight test program has now accumulated over 1,000 hours of total test time with speeds exceeding 200kts at maximum gross weight limits. The aircraft performance continues to meet or exceed all design specifications.
The Bell 525 is preparing for FAA flight test participation in Q4 2018 and continues to make strong progress towards planned certification in 2019.
“We succesfully completed hot WEATHER testing last week in yuma, arizona,” said Troy CAUDILL, Chief Test Pilot, bell 525 program. “The aircraft performed very well and we are gathering test DATA for certification.”
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified