The Bell 525 program recently completed hot weather testing in Yuma, Arizona at temperatures up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit as well as high altitude operations to density altitudes of 14,000 feet.
Earlier this year, the Bell 525 completed cold weather testing at temperatures down to minus 37 degrees Fahrenheit in North Manitoba, Canada.
The Bell 525 flight test program has now accumulated over 1,000 hours of total test time with speeds exceeding 200kts at maximum gross weight limits. The aircraft performance continues to meet or exceed all design specifications.
The Bell 525 is preparing for FAA flight test participation in Q4 2018 and continues to make strong progress towards planned certification in 2019.
“We succesfully completed hot WEATHER testing last week in yuma, arizona,” said Troy CAUDILL, Chief Test Pilot, bell 525 program. “The aircraft performed very well and we are gathering test DATA for certification.”
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit