The Bell 525 program recently completed hot weather testing in Yuma, Arizona at temperatures up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit as well as high altitude operations to density altitudes of 14,000 feet.
Earlier this year, the Bell 525 completed cold weather testing at temperatures down to minus 37 degrees Fahrenheit in North Manitoba, Canada.
The Bell 525 flight test program has now accumulated over 1,000 hours of total test time with speeds exceeding 200kts at maximum gross weight limits. The aircraft performance continues to meet or exceed all design specifications.
The Bell 525 is preparing for FAA flight test participation in Q4 2018 and continues to make strong progress towards planned certification in 2019.
“We succesfully completed hot WEATHER testing last week in yuma, arizona,” said Troy CAUDILL, Chief Test Pilot, bell 525 program. “The aircraft performed very well and we are gathering test DATA for certification.”
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation