Construction of modern helipad has been completed in Rasuwa. Nepalese Army preserving Langtang National Park, working on construction of helipad that can even help to land helicopters in night, has been successfully completed.
The helipad is constructed at the old helipad site. The construction of helipad located at Dhunche was estimated to cost around 1.5 million NPR but it has been constructed at 1.4 million NPR.
The newly constructed helipad of 50 feet diameter has wind direction indicator, lighting facilities, and helicopter entry and exit point and can even accommodate MI-17 helicopters.
The project was aided by three Gaunpalika: Gosainkunda, Kalika and Aamachodingmo VDC along with three hydropower projects: Rasuwagadhi, Sanjen, upper Trishuli A, and Malung Saifru construction company.
Previously the helicopter could operate only during day time. The need of construction of airport for night operation commenced as helicopter needed to land during night to transport ill patients who have to face problem due to difficult land topography.
The army has informed that locals can use the airport at emergency situation and in any case of accidents and pregnancy, they can fly without having to get approval from the ministry.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role