Construction of modern helipad has been completed in Rasuwa. Nepalese Army preserving Langtang National Park, working on construction of helipad that can even help to land helicopters in night, has been successfully completed.
The helipad is constructed at the old helipad site. The construction of helipad located at Dhunche was estimated to cost around 1.5 million NPR but it has been constructed at 1.4 million NPR.
The newly constructed helipad of 50 feet diameter has wind direction indicator, lighting facilities, and helicopter entry and exit point and can even accommodate MI-17 helicopters.
The project was aided by three Gaunpalika: Gosainkunda, Kalika and Aamachodingmo VDC along with three hydropower projects: Rasuwagadhi, Sanjen, upper Trishuli A, and Malung Saifru construction company.
Previously the helicopter could operate only during day time. The need of construction of airport for night operation commenced as helicopter needed to land during night to transport ill patients who have to face problem due to difficult land topography.
The army has informed that locals can use the airport at emergency situation and in any case of accidents and pregnancy, they can fly without having to get approval from the ministry.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee