Airbus continues to strengthen its investments in education in Brazil. The company announced the renewal of its partnership with the School of Engineering of São Carlos of the University of São Paulo (EESC – USP) at the Latin American Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (LABACE), held at Congonhas Airport (SP) . For 10 years, Airbus has supported the Aeronautical Engineering course at EESC-USP and gives students the opportunity for long-term internships at the company’s facilities in Europe.
Since 2009, students have been given unique placement opportunities in modules of the international space station and helicopter facilities in Germany and commercial aircraft in France. Altogether, more than 90 students have already benefited from this enriching program of professional internship.
“Investing in education and the future of the communities where we operate is one of our main objectives. Brazil is a talent store and that’s why Airbus continues to invest in education to stimulate a passion for science and the training of new engineers and professionals in the aeronautics industry, “said Richard Marelli, president of Helibras and Head of Country of Airbus in Brazil.
Airbus’ investments in the country also extend to other projects in the area of education. This year, the company launched the Flying Challenge , which will help elementary school children in Itajubá (MG), the company’s headquarters. The Airbus Foundation project has already benefited more than 4,600 children and adolescents in five countries and reached Latin America for the first time.
Airbus also launched this year the 6th edition of the global Fly Your Ideas competition, in partnership with UNESCO. The initiative challenges students from universities around the world to change the future of aviation with innovative designs in sustainability, engineering and design. In previous editions, Brazilian students have demonstrated great talent and innovation capacity among the brightest minds of the new generation.
In addition, Airbus also sponsors the Student of the Year Award to recognize the best student in aerospace engineering at the Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (ITA). In the last edition, the award-winning student had the unique opportunity to experience Airbus in action, accompanying Airbus engineers across Europe and attending international air shows sponsored by Airbus.
Airbus has been dedicated to education on an ongoing basis and is very involved with the development of young Brazilians, stimulating their passion for science and commitment to the future.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)