Saab has received a follow-on order from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the IDAS-2 self-protection suite for the Indian Army’s Dhruv helicopter. The order amounts to approximately MSEK 350.
The order includes the IDAS-2 (Integrated Defensive Aids Suite) and the production will take place at Saab’s facility in Centurion, South Africa. Deliveries will begin during 2019.
“This follow-on order confirms our successful partnership with HAL and further establishes Saab as a local partner to the Indian industry,” says Anders Carp, head of Saab business area Surveillance.
IDAS is designed to provide platform self-protection for rotary and fixed wing aircraft in sophisticated, diverse and dense threat environments. It has achieved outstanding operational success with a growing list of customers in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. The product is in operational use in many countries on helicopters, commercial transport aircraft as well as fighters.
“The system has a long and successful history with proven capability on many airborne platforms. This order strengthens our position as a supplier of high-tech systems to the Indian Armed forces,” says Trevor Raman, head of Saab Grintek Defence.
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight