Saab has received a follow-on order from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the IDAS-2 self-protection suite for the Indian Army’s Dhruv helicopter. The order amounts to approximately MSEK 350.
The order includes the IDAS-2 (Integrated Defensive Aids Suite) and the production will take place at Saab’s facility in Centurion, South Africa. Deliveries will begin during 2019.
“This follow-on order confirms our successful partnership with HAL and further establishes Saab as a local partner to the Indian industry,” says Anders Carp, head of Saab business area Surveillance.
IDAS is designed to provide platform self-protection for rotary and fixed wing aircraft in sophisticated, diverse and dense threat environments. It has achieved outstanding operational success with a growing list of customers in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. The product is in operational use in many countries on helicopters, commercial transport aircraft as well as fighters.
“The system has a long and successful history with proven capability on many airborne platforms. This order strengthens our position as a supplier of high-tech systems to the Indian Armed forces,” says Trevor Raman, head of Saab Grintek Defence.
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management
- Jämtlandsflyg to seize operations
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission