The FAA approved Robinson’s R66 cargo hook installation. The optional cargo hook carries external loads up to 1200 lb and, for external load operations, the R66’s maximum gross weight increases from 2700 lb to 2900 lb.
The cargo hook installation includes an Onboard Systems hook, right and left-seat controls (allowing for solo flight from either seat), a left-seat hydraulic switch, and a left-seat start button. A load weight gauge and a second set of engine power gauges (torque and gas temperature) are located in the left door sill allowing the pilot to monitor engine operations while keeping an eye on the external load. Provisions for remote control of external equipment (e.g., long line hook or a water dropping bucket) are also included.
Robinson is now accepting orders for cargo hook installations on new R66 aircraft.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight