The FAA approved Robinson’s R66 cargo hook installation. The optional cargo hook carries external loads up to 1200 lb and, for external load operations, the R66’s maximum gross weight increases from 2700 lb to 2900 lb.
The cargo hook installation includes an Onboard Systems hook, right and left-seat controls (allowing for solo flight from either seat), a left-seat hydraulic switch, and a left-seat start button. A load weight gauge and a second set of engine power gauges (torque and gas temperature) are located in the left door sill allowing the pilot to monitor engine operations while keeping an eye on the external load. Provisions for remote control of external equipment (e.g., long line hook or a water dropping bucket) are also included.
Robinson is now accepting orders for cargo hook installations on new R66 aircraft.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International