The FAA approved Robinson’s R66 cargo hook installation. The optional cargo hook carries external loads up to 1200 lb and, for external load operations, the R66’s maximum gross weight increases from 2700 lb to 2900 lb.
The cargo hook installation includes an Onboard Systems hook, right and left-seat controls (allowing for solo flight from either seat), a left-seat hydraulic switch, and a left-seat start button. A load weight gauge and a second set of engine power gauges (torque and gas temperature) are located in the left door sill allowing the pilot to monitor engine operations while keeping an eye on the external load. Provisions for remote control of external equipment (e.g., long line hook or a water dropping bucket) are also included.
Robinson is now accepting orders for cargo hook installations on new R66 aircraft.
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive