The FAA approved Robinson’s R66 cargo hook installation. The optional cargo hook carries external loads up to 1200 lb and, for external load operations, the R66’s maximum gross weight increases from 2700 lb to 2900 lb.
The cargo hook installation includes an Onboard Systems hook, right and left-seat controls (allowing for solo flight from either seat), a left-seat hydraulic switch, and a left-seat start button. A load weight gauge and a second set of engine power gauges (torque and gas temperature) are located in the left door sill allowing the pilot to monitor engine operations while keeping an eye on the external load. Provisions for remote control of external equipment (e.g., long line hook or a water dropping bucket) are also included.
Robinson is now accepting orders for cargo hook installations on new R66 aircraft.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team