The FAA approved Robinson’s R66 cargo hook installation. The optional cargo hook carries external loads up to 1200 lb and, for external load operations, the R66’s maximum gross weight increases from 2700 lb to 2900 lb.
The cargo hook installation includes an Onboard Systems hook, right and left-seat controls (allowing for solo flight from either seat), a left-seat hydraulic switch, and a left-seat start button. A load weight gauge and a second set of engine power gauges (torque and gas temperature) are located in the left door sill allowing the pilot to monitor engine operations while keeping an eye on the external load. Provisions for remote control of external equipment (e.g., long line hook or a water dropping bucket) are also included.
Robinson is now accepting orders for cargo hook installations on new R66 aircraft.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS