Safety experts from the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team (www.USHST.org) will be participating on Oct. 23-25 in the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 International Rotorcraft Safety Conference in Hurst, TX. The free conference (www.faahelisafety.org) gathers together rotorcraft pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, helicopter operators, students and government regulators from the United States and abroad.
Experts from the FAA, the USHST, and numerous helicopter manufacturer and association officials will be addressing these and other safety topics at the conference:
− Human Risk and Taking Increased Safety Measures.
− Development of Crash Injury Protection in Rotorcraft.
− Flying Blind: The Human Brain, the Human Mind and Our Visual System.
− Single Pilot Resource Management.
− Challenges Facing Flight Instructors.
− Night Vision Goggles Program Lifecycle.
− How to Avoid Inadvertent IMC Accidents.
− Rotor Blade Inspection and Preventative Maintenance.
− The Nuts and Bolts of Maintenance.
− Helicopter Maintenance Manager Course.
− Procedural Intentional Non-Compliance.
− Flight Data Monitoring.
− Operational Personal Protection Equipment.
− Birds Strikes and Lessons Learned.
− Airports, Heliports and Vertiports.
− The Rotorcraft Safety Continuum and Certification.
− Accidents Investigations: A Case Study.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit