Russian Helicopters (part of Rostec State Corporation) is presenting modernized Mi-35M and Mi-35P attack helicopters for the first time at the International Military-Technical Forum ARMY 2018, which is being held from August 21 through August 26 in Kubinka in the Moscow Region.
Guests and participants of the forum will be able to see the machines at the static exposition of the forum. The helicopters have avionics which have undergone a considerable upgrade, and new military equipment.
“The multi-purpose Mi-24 military-transport helicopter (Mi-35 is its version for export) is the first Russian helicopter designed especially for military operations. Its design is so good that now it is one of the most sought-after machines on the international market, and it has proved its high performance during military operations many times. We expect that the demand for new versions of the helicopter with increased combat capability will be high in many countries,” said Anatoly Serdyukov, Industrial Director, Aviation Cluster of Rostec State Corporation.
The modernized Mi-35P helicopter has the OPS-24N-1L observation-sight system with a third generation matrix long wavelength thermal imager, a TV camera and a laser rangefinder. The new digital flight simulator based on the PKV-8 automatic flight control system will increase the helicopter’s steadiness, and automate piloting to assist a pilot. In addition, a modernized sight and computing system will increase the accuracy of target engagement.
The new Mi-35M helicopter has much more options in terms of equipment. The helicopter can be further upgraded for using Igla-S air-to-air guided missiles and the President-S onboard defense system with a laser station for suppression of infra-red homing heads of man-portable air-defense system missiles. Additional equipment may include VOR/ILS systems and a radio rangefinder for measuring the distance between a helicopter and ground-based beacons.
“The Mi-24/35 helicopters are among the machines most frequently used in military operations all over the world. They have been used during more than 30 wars and military conflicts. With such wide experience, we have managed to perfect this platform, and now we are consistently equipping it with state-of-the-art armaments and avionics. Serial production of the upgraded machines will commence when all the modifications have been tested,” said Andrey Boginsky, CEO, Russian Helicopters.
The Mi-35 military-transport helicopter is designed for destroying armored fighting vehicles and providing fire support for ground troops. It is equipped with modern high-precision weapons and can perform combat missions at any time of day and in all weather conditions. The most important features of the Mi-35 helicopter include its ability to carry personnel with armaments and transport up to three wounded persons from the battlefield, as well as cargo inside the cabin or on an external sling.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet