JETcopter – VTOL aviation startup , today announced launch of tests of a new type propulsion system for VTOL aircrafts .
2 centrifugal air turbines in enclosed housings , each 200 cm diameter (6.6 feet ) , will rotate in opposite directions at high RPM to create thrust similar to 11 meters ( 36 feet ) diameter helicopters rotors . Airflow from turbines by air ducts will be diverted to 4 endpoints , where could be vectored at any direction . Such layout , where enclosed rotors housing areas , like airplane wings , will be able to create lifting force and unload rotors in horizontal flights . More compact , enclosed rotors propulsion system could be safer in urban areas , achieved bigger airflow speed could improve performance of next generation VTOL aircrafts . Test purpose is to measure on mobile platform generated airflow parameters – speed , volume , sound at various RPM and to test airflow vectoring possibilities.
Aircrafts with new propulsion system could open a class of new type VTOL aircrafts – copterplanes , efficient VTOL aircrafts , that could be used as air taxis for intra or inter cities routes . New kind , more effective propulsion system with automatic leveling control , instead handy mechanical , could allow pilot VTOL aircraft easier and simpler compared to helicopters . Jetcopter plans to built and lift to the air conceptual VTOL prototype within 18 month .
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet