JETcopter – VTOL aviation startup , today announced launch of tests of a new type propulsion system for VTOL aircrafts .
2 centrifugal air turbines in enclosed housings , each 200 cm diameter (6.6 feet ) , will rotate in opposite directions at high RPM to create thrust similar to 11 meters ( 36 feet ) diameter helicopters rotors . Airflow from turbines by air ducts will be diverted to 4 endpoints , where could be vectored at any direction . Such layout , where enclosed rotors housing areas , like airplane wings , will be able to create lifting force and unload rotors in horizontal flights . More compact , enclosed rotors propulsion system could be safer in urban areas , achieved bigger airflow speed could improve performance of next generation VTOL aircrafts . Test purpose is to measure on mobile platform generated airflow parameters – speed , volume , sound at various RPM and to test airflow vectoring possibilities.
Aircrafts with new propulsion system could open a class of new type VTOL aircrafts – copterplanes , efficient VTOL aircrafts , that could be used as air taxis for intra or inter cities routes . New kind , more effective propulsion system with automatic leveling control , instead handy mechanical , could allow pilot VTOL aircraft easier and simpler compared to helicopters . Jetcopter plans to built and lift to the air conceptual VTOL prototype within 18 month .
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week