EASA’s Annual Safety Conference ‘A Vision for the Future of General Aviation’ (6-8 Nov 2018 in Vienna/Austria) on safer, simpler and more affordable flying introduces the new era of innovation and sharing of airspace, flights in General Aviation
The conference will launch a new European GA strategy focusing on safer, simpler and more affordable flying, with panels on innovation, safe and more affordable aircraft as well as the sharing of flights but also airspace.
H55 Founder & Executive Chairman André Borschberg, who holds the world record for the highest solar-powered flights as well as the longest solo flight in an airplane of any kind, will attend as a keynote speaker and panellist.
A substantial range of European GA manufacturers, developers of hybrid and solar-powered aircraft but also of air taxis and other UAV, cost-sharing platforms as well as GA associations and policy representatives will participate in this key conference on the future of European General Aviation which takes place in Vienna coinciding with Austria’s presidency of the Council of the EU.
In 2014 the Rome Conference on General Aviation marked the onset of improved cooperation with GA community which led to notable and successful results
EASA first reached out directly to the European GA community at its first conference on General Aviation which took place 4 years ago in Rome. The Rome Conference led to an engaging GA strategy and greatly improved cooperation and communication between EASA and the European GA community.
After considerable progress has been made in the past years to strengthen GA, such as simpler and lighter rules for declared training organisations, balloon operations, introduction of standard changes and repairs and the re-written CS-23 rules, the 2018 Annual Safety Conference will look towards the future of GA. The new European GA strategy is taking off with the recently adopted update of the aviation safety rules for Europe, also known as the Basic Regulation which provides additional flexibility for regulating GA.
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results
- Bell 407GXI certified in China
- India looking for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
- FreeFlight Systems announces Sapphire Elite recognition program
- Contracts signed for air medical evacuation services in Europe and Africa
- Service center ODK-Klimov and UTair-Engineering helped Sanaviatsii
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal implements new Kathmandu heli-lanes
- Coptersafety provides update on H125 simulator
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations
- Universal Avionics to present innovative flight deck solutions at Heli-Expo
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2019
- DART’s H135 Crosstubes get approvals
- Heli-Union commences contract in French Guyana with two AS365Ns
- Raytheon Awarded $15M Contract for CV-22 Software Delivery
- Kailash Helicopter plans to add more helicopters
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- Austria – HeliAir upgrades OAMTC Airbus H135
- Volocopter works with Fraport to develop airport infrastructure