Helibras delivered the 31st H225M to the Brazilian Air Force. The aircraft will be under the command of the Puma Squadron (3rd / 8th GAV), in Rio de Janeiro (RJ), and will increase the squadron’s operational capacity by assisting the FAB missions.
The aircraft is the first of the FAB to rely on the Spectrolab Searchlight, a high-capacity search light that is also compatible with night vision equipment, better known as NVG (Night Vision Goggles). This year, at least two more deliveries of the model for the Armed Forces are still planned.
The H225M of the Armed Forces are manufactured in Itajubá since the inauguration of the company’s new production line in 2012. The delivery is part of the contract signed in 2008 with the Federal Government to supply 50 H225M helicopters for the three Armed Forces.
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident