MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce the purchase of a new MD 530F by Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). The proven MD 530F, single-engine helicopter is configured to support powerline utility, inspections, and construction operations throughout TVA’s multi-state service area, as well as increase safety and reduce costs. This will be the third MDHI F-model to join the TVA fleet.
TVA is the largest public power utility in the United States and one of the largest producers of electricity in the country.
“The MD 530F is revered for its safe, reliable and cost-effective operation in a broad range of utility missions,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We could not be more pleased that TVA chose to add another MD 530F helicopter to their fleet.”
TVA’s new MD 530F is the first commercially delivered F-model with MDHI’s newest all-glass single-engine cockpit that includes:
Howell Instruments Electronic Engine Instruments and Crew Alert System (EICAS)
Garmin G500[H] TXi Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIS) with Touchscreen GDU 700P PFD/MFD
Garmin GTN 650 Touchscreen NAV/COM/GPS
Additional mission equipment includes the Fargo 21-gallon auxiliary fuel tank, Onboard Systems Talon LC Keeperless 3,600 pound Cargo Hook and Colorado Helicopters Side Hook Bracket, high visibility main rotor blades and wire strike protection.
“Helicopters utilizing a working platform to perform construction, maintenance, and inspection services, can complete work faster and more efficiently than a ground crew,” said David G Hill, General Manager Aviation Services, Tennessee Valley Authority. “The ability to deliver linemen directly onto the structure allows the work to be completed without impacting the surrounding environment.”
TVA’s service area covers most of Tennessee, portions of Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky, and small slices of Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia.
TVA will take delivery of their new MD 530F in the fourth quarter this year.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support