MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce the purchase of a new MD 530F by Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). The proven MD 530F, single-engine helicopter is configured to support powerline utility, inspections, and construction operations throughout TVA’s multi-state service area, as well as increase safety and reduce costs. This will be the third MDHI F-model to join the TVA fleet.
TVA is the largest public power utility in the United States and one of the largest producers of electricity in the country.
“The MD 530F is revered for its safe, reliable and cost-effective operation in a broad range of utility missions,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We could not be more pleased that TVA chose to add another MD 530F helicopter to their fleet.”
TVA’s new MD 530F is the first commercially delivered F-model with MDHI’s newest all-glass single-engine cockpit that includes:
Howell Instruments Electronic Engine Instruments and Crew Alert System (EICAS)
Garmin G500[H] TXi Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIS) with Touchscreen GDU 700P PFD/MFD
Garmin GTN 650 Touchscreen NAV/COM/GPS
Additional mission equipment includes the Fargo 21-gallon auxiliary fuel tank, Onboard Systems Talon LC Keeperless 3,600 pound Cargo Hook and Colorado Helicopters Side Hook Bracket, high visibility main rotor blades and wire strike protection.
“Helicopters utilizing a working platform to perform construction, maintenance, and inspection services, can complete work faster and more efficiently than a ground crew,” said David G Hill, General Manager Aviation Services, Tennessee Valley Authority. “The ability to deliver linemen directly onto the structure allows the work to be completed without impacting the surrounding environment.”
TVA’s service area covers most of Tennessee, portions of Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky, and small slices of Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia.
TVA will take delivery of their new MD 530F in the fourth quarter this year.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot