MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is proud to announce the purchase of a new MD 530F by Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). The proven MD 530F, single-engine helicopter is configured to support powerline utility, inspections, and construction operations throughout TVA’s multi-state service area, as well as increase safety and reduce costs. This will be the third MDHI F-model to join the TVA fleet.
TVA is the largest public power utility in the United States and one of the largest producers of electricity in the country.
“The MD 530F is revered for its safe, reliable and cost-effective operation in a broad range of utility missions,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We could not be more pleased that TVA chose to add another MD 530F helicopter to their fleet.”
TVA’s new MD 530F is the first commercially delivered F-model with MDHI’s newest all-glass single-engine cockpit that includes:
Howell Instruments Electronic Engine Instruments and Crew Alert System (EICAS)
Garmin G500[H] TXi Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIS) with Touchscreen GDU 700P PFD/MFD
Garmin GTN 650 Touchscreen NAV/COM/GPS
Additional mission equipment includes the Fargo 21-gallon auxiliary fuel tank, Onboard Systems Talon LC Keeperless 3,600 pound Cargo Hook and Colorado Helicopters Side Hook Bracket, high visibility main rotor blades and wire strike protection.
“Helicopters utilizing a working platform to perform construction, maintenance, and inspection services, can complete work faster and more efficiently than a ground crew,” said David G Hill, General Manager Aviation Services, Tennessee Valley Authority. “The ability to deliver linemen directly onto the structure allows the work to be completed without impacting the surrounding environment.”
TVA’s service area covers most of Tennessee, portions of Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky, and small slices of Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia.
TVA will take delivery of their new MD 530F in the fourth quarter this year.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials in Finland
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent