Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (GWAAC) today welcomed Robert Bertram, Chief Executive of the HELP (Helicopter Emergency Landing Pads) Appeal to their air base. During the visit he met with representatives from GWAAC to find out more about their new air base, which is currently under construction in Almondsbury.
The HELP Appeal is the only charity in the country that funds the development of helipads at Major Trauma Centres, key A&E hospitals and air ambulance bases.
They have donated £300,000 to fund the helipad at GWAAC’s new air base in Almondsbury, a significant contribution to the charity which will enable them to continue providing their life-saving service.
Robert Bertram Chief Executive of the HELP Appeal explained: “The HELP Appeal is best known for funding hospital helipads. But this isn’t all we do to help air ambulances save the time it takes to get a critically ill patient to hospital. By funding the new helipad at the GWAAC base, we are helping to reduce the time it takes for its pilots and paramedics to take off and transfer a patient to hospital for the CT scans, blood transfusions or emergency surgery that could help to save his or her life.”
GWAAC provide the Critical Care and air ambulance service for 2.1 million people across the counties of Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, North Somerset and surrounding areas.
Their current air base in Filton is one of the oldest in the country, and unfortunately is no longer meeting the needs of the increasingly busy service. Their landlords are building a new air base to house the service, along with the National Police Aviation Service (NPAS) in Almondsbury.
Anna Perry, Chief Executive of Great Western Air Ambulance Charity said: “This donation is incredibly generous and we are so very grateful. It has been nice to meet Robert and explain our plans for our new base and exactly where this money will go. The helipad is of course extremely important, and we are so lucky and grateful that the HELP Appeal exists and has chosen to help us, as well as many other charities and hospitals across the country. Simply put, this donation and the new helipad will save lives.”
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet