Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN) today announced that it has acquired Flight Plan LLC (FltPlan), a privately held provider of electronic flight planning, scheduling, and trip support services, including the popular website FltPlan.com and mobile application FltPlan Go.
FltPlan is one of the largest flight planning companies in the world, creating more than 6.3 million flight plans annually. With 19 years of experience and more than 165,000 registered users, FltPlan offers comprehensive, self-service flight management solutions as well as premium offerings ideal for Business and General Aviation operators. Popular tools include a free flight planning and filing website, FltPlan.com, available for U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, Panama, and parts of Venezuela and Columbia, as well as other premium web-based offerings. The company also offers a complementing free FltPlan Go app for iOS, Android, and Windows.
“We are excited to have the FltPlan team join the Garmin family,” said Phil Straub, Garmin executive vice president and managing director, aviation. “We look forward to combining the comprehensive flight planning and flight management services available from FltPlan with our robust lineup of products and services to provide an unmatched portfolio of end-to-end services to our customers.”
In addition to the free FltPlan.com and FltPlan Go mobile app, the company offers a range of premium services including: SMS (safety management service), PDCs (pre-departure clearances), eAPIS and APIS (advanced passenger information system) for Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean, premium flight tracking, the unique DCM (dot com) call sign program, and runway analysis. Newer programs from FltPlan.com include both FltLogic and FltPlan Manager and offer a comprehensive suite of services from scheduling and trip coordination to post-flight reporting. All the company’s services and products are backed with outstanding customer support offered 24/7 every day of the year.
“Thousands of pilots and operators depend on FltPlan.com every day for their flight operation needs,” said Ken Wilson, founder of FltPlan. “We’re looking forward to leveraging decades of experience and industry leadership from Garmin to continue expanding and growing our service offerings and geographical reach for customers.”
FltPlan is headquartered in Southbury, Connecticut and the facility will continue to support the complete portfolio of FltPlan.com and FltPlan Go, and will work to integrate those services into the Garmin aviation ecosystem. Financial terms of the acquisition will not be released.
Garmin’s aviation business segment is a leading provider of solutions to OEM, aftermarket, military and government customers. Garmin’s portfolio includes navigation, communication, flight control, hazard avoidance, an expansive suite of ADS-B solutions and other products and services that are known for innovation, reliability, and value. For more information about Garmin’s full line of avionics, go to garmin.com/aviation.
For decades, Garmin has pioneered new GPS navigation and wireless devices and applications that are designed for people who live an active lifestyle. Garmin serves five primary business units, including automotive, aviation, fitness, marine, and outdoor recreation.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf