PhilJets Group has appointed a new CEO in the person of Ms. Willyn Villarica. Thierry Tea, founder of the company, steps down from the CEO position and will assume the role of Chairman of the Board.
Established in 2013, PhilJets has experienced rapid growth for the last 5 years under the management of Thierry Tea, growing its fleet from 0 to 12 aircraft including 9 helicopters and 3 business jets.
Ms. Willyn Villarica steps in as CEO for PhilJets Aero Services Inc. and PhilJets Aero Charter Corp.
“I have been following the growth of PhilJets and there are great challenges facing us. I aim to continue to professionalize and strengthen the company, to bring in new ideas, develop practical solutions and develop our team.” Ms. Villarica added.
Ms. Willyn Villarica, an MBA graduate from the Asian Institute of Management, who has a successful multi-sector background, from Real Estate, Law, Gemology, F&B, Micro Lending, Private Equity and Venture Capital, is taking a more active role in PhilJets’ operations. She has been the President of PhilJets Aero Services Inc for the past 5 years.
Thierry Tea said: “It’s a new era for PhilJets. Whilst I’m proud of the accomplishments PhilJets achieved in the past 5 years, I feel that we can take the company to newer heights by bringing in someone who sees the Philippine aviation industry from a different point of view and at the same time, has the ability to lead our management team as we go through our transition from being a young player in aviation to an emerging leader in the field of business aviation. We look forward to the succeeding years with great enthusiasm.”
PhilJets hopes to enjoy continued growth by offering new services, innovative products, increase its existing fleet, and expand its operations by opening new branches in other parts of the Philippines.
Thierry Tea, as Chairman of PhilJets, will oversee the regional development and PhilJets’ expansion in Southeast Asia.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet