A dedication ceremony for the arrival of Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 363 will take place Sept. 21, at their new hangar on Marine Corps Air Station Kaneohe Bay.
“The arrival of a second MV-22B Osprey squadron to our Hawaii-based Marine Aircraft Group significantly increases our combat capability and allows us to better respond to crises throughout the Indo-Pacific area of responsibility,” said U.S. Marine Col. Stephen Lightfoot, commanding officer, Marine Aircraft Group 24.
The relocation of VMM-363, The Lucky Red Lions, was part of the squadron’s scheduled relocation to their new command, Marine Aircraft Group 24, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, from Marine Aircraft Group 16, 3rd Marine Air Wing, based out of Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.
Their arrival from MCAS Miramar marks the beginning of VMM-363’s permanent stationing at MCAS Kaneohe Bay.
The Osprey is a highly capable aircraft, combining the vertical capability of a helicopter with the speed and range of a fixed-wing aircraft. Combined with 1st MAW’s refueling assets, MAG 24’s Ospreys are able to reach across the Pacific to respond to a crisis in the matter of days.
“The addition of this new hangar continues our installation’s commitment in providing modern facilities and operational support to our tenant commands. This facility, along with our newest squadron, not only extends our expeditionary capabilities, but keeps our Marines equipped to train and ready to respond when our nation calls,” said U.S. Marine Col. Raul Lianez, commanding officer, Marine Corps Base Hawaii.
The arrival of VMM-363 significantly enhances III MEF’s ability to support exercises and operations; perform humanitarian assistance and disaster relief efforts abroad; execute defense support to civil authorities locally in the Hawaiian Islands; and fulfill other alliance roles.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet