CHC Helicopter has been awarded a ground-breaking helicopter services contract by Woodside and other operators in the North West Shelf and North West Cape regions, providing passenger transfer flights, medical evacuation and search and rescue services for four customers from bases in Australia’s Pilbara region.
The contract will commence in July 2019 and will provide more than 10 daily flights for Woodside, Jadestone Energy, Vermilion Energy and BHP as part of a shared service from bases at Karratha, Learmonth and Onslow Airports.
“CHC has provided services to customers in the North West Shelf since March 2011 and we are honoured to be part of this innovation in passenger transfer services in Australia,” said Karl Fessenden, President and CEO of CHC Helicopter. “I would like to thank Woodside and other operators in the region for putting their trust in CHC to deliver the largest shared aviation service model in Australia’s offshore oil and gas industry.”
The five-year contract also has two two-year extensions. CHC is expecting to fly more than 100,000 passengers a year safely to and from their place of work, with Woodside set to utilise the majority of flight capacity CHC’s team will fly and maintain two AW139 medium helicopters and two AW189 super medium helicopters to support the service.
CHC has committed to supporting local and Aboriginal employment and training with apprenticeship opportunities available to the local community over the period of the contract and all other roles to be filled by local employees, where possible.
- Bell teams with industry leaders to form Team Invictus
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum