CHC Helicopter has been awarded a ground-breaking helicopter services contract by Woodside and other operators in the North West Shelf and North West Cape regions, providing passenger transfer flights, medical evacuation and search and rescue services for four customers from bases in Australia’s Pilbara region.
The contract will commence in July 2019 and will provide more than 10 daily flights for Woodside, Jadestone Energy, Vermilion Energy and BHP as part of a shared service from bases at Karratha, Learmonth and Onslow Airports.
“CHC has provided services to customers in the North West Shelf since March 2011 and we are honoured to be part of this innovation in passenger transfer services in Australia,” said Karl Fessenden, President and CEO of CHC Helicopter. “I would like to thank Woodside and other operators in the region for putting their trust in CHC to deliver the largest shared aviation service model in Australia’s offshore oil and gas industry.”
The five-year contract also has two two-year extensions. CHC is expecting to fly more than 100,000 passengers a year safely to and from their place of work, with Woodside set to utilise the majority of flight capacity CHC’s team will fly and maintain two AW139 medium helicopters and two AW189 super medium helicopters to support the service.
CHC has committed to supporting local and Aboriginal employment and training with apprenticeship opportunities available to the local community over the period of the contract and all other roles to be filled by local employees, where possible.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™