CHC Helicopter has been awarded a ground-breaking helicopter services contract by Woodside and other operators in the North West Shelf and North West Cape regions, providing passenger transfer flights, medical evacuation and search and rescue services for four customers from bases in Australia’s Pilbara region.
The contract will commence in July 2019 and will provide more than 10 daily flights for Woodside, Jadestone Energy, Vermilion Energy and BHP as part of a shared service from bases at Karratha, Learmonth and Onslow Airports.
“CHC has provided services to customers in the North West Shelf since March 2011 and we are honoured to be part of this innovation in passenger transfer services in Australia,” said Karl Fessenden, President and CEO of CHC Helicopter. “I would like to thank Woodside and other operators in the region for putting their trust in CHC to deliver the largest shared aviation service model in Australia’s offshore oil and gas industry.”
The five-year contract also has two two-year extensions. CHC is expecting to fly more than 100,000 passengers a year safely to and from their place of work, with Woodside set to utilise the majority of flight capacity CHC’s team will fly and maintain two AW139 medium helicopters and two AW189 super medium helicopters to support the service.
CHC has committed to supporting local and Aboriginal employment and training with apprenticeship opportunities available to the local community over the period of the contract and all other roles to be filled by local employees, where possible.
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- AAMS responds to CNN article on air ambulance pricing
- Saskatchewan renews 10 year STARS funding contract
- Managing Director at Babcock and HeliOffshore board member shares thoughts on safety
- Garmin® awarded supplier of the year by Airbus Helicopters