Metro Aviation recently delivered an H135 to Washington Hospital Center’s MedSTAR Transport program.
The hospital partnered with Metro Aviation to customize the aircraft at Metro’s completion center in Shreveport, La. The H135 features a standard medical interior including various specialty add-ons including a Cardiosave mount for hemodynamic support and Outerlink’s IRIS – a system for satellite tracking, push-to-talk radio, flight data monitoring and voice and video recording.
“We’re excited to get a newer aircraft. It’s the first design to secure our ventilator system,” said Heather Stamey, Assistant Executive Director of MedStar Transport. “We really enjoyed the whole project and can’t say enough about the customer service at Metro Aviation.”
This aircraft joins MedStar Transport’s fleet of four existing air medical helicopters, which aid in the transport of approximately 10,000 patients a year.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President