Metro Aviation recently delivered an H135 to Washington Hospital Center’s MedSTAR Transport program.
The hospital partnered with Metro Aviation to customize the aircraft at Metro’s completion center in Shreveport, La. The H135 features a standard medical interior including various specialty add-ons including a Cardiosave mount for hemodynamic support and Outerlink’s IRIS – a system for satellite tracking, push-to-talk radio, flight data monitoring and voice and video recording.
“We’re excited to get a newer aircraft. It’s the first design to secure our ventilator system,” said Heather Stamey, Assistant Executive Director of MedStar Transport. “We really enjoyed the whole project and can’t say enough about the customer service at Metro Aviation.”
This aircraft joins MedStar Transport’s fleet of four existing air medical helicopters, which aid in the transport of approximately 10,000 patients a year.
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems