Metro Aviation recently delivered an H135 to Washington Hospital Center’s MedSTAR Transport program.
The hospital partnered with Metro Aviation to customize the aircraft at Metro’s completion center in Shreveport, La. The H135 features a standard medical interior including various specialty add-ons including a Cardiosave mount for hemodynamic support and Outerlink’s IRIS – a system for satellite tracking, push-to-talk radio, flight data monitoring and voice and video recording.
“We’re excited to get a newer aircraft. It’s the first design to secure our ventilator system,” said Heather Stamey, Assistant Executive Director of MedStar Transport. “We really enjoyed the whole project and can’t say enough about the customer service at Metro Aviation.”
This aircraft joins MedStar Transport’s fleet of four existing air medical helicopters, which aid in the transport of approximately 10,000 patients a year.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation