Metro Aviation recently delivered an H135 to Washington Hospital Center’s MedSTAR Transport program.
The hospital partnered with Metro Aviation to customize the aircraft at Metro’s completion center in Shreveport, La. The H135 features a standard medical interior including various specialty add-ons including a Cardiosave mount for hemodynamic support and Outerlink’s IRIS – a system for satellite tracking, push-to-talk radio, flight data monitoring and voice and video recording.
“We’re excited to get a newer aircraft. It’s the first design to secure our ventilator system,” said Heather Stamey, Assistant Executive Director of MedStar Transport. “We really enjoyed the whole project and can’t say enough about the customer service at Metro Aviation.”
This aircraft joins MedStar Transport’s fleet of four existing air medical helicopters, which aid in the transport of approximately 10,000 patients a year.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot