This week, National Airways Corporation (NAC) celebrated the entry into market of Bell’s newest commercial aircraft, the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X. Guests were invited to attend an exclusive unveiling event organized at the NAC Lanseria airport facility in South Africa showcasing a pair of Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters recently delivered to a couple, who are both pilots.
“We were delighted to be able to expose the Bell 505 to our customers and industry partners, and the helicopter was extremely well received by everybody who attended” said Gary Phillips, NAC’s Executive Director, Helicopter Division. “The spacious cabin and advanced systems were the features which seemed to attract the most comments. We look forward to seeing many more in the Southern African skies in the near future”.
“The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X continues its international success story and has been exceeding customer expectations,” said Sameer Rehman, Bell, Managing Director for the Middle East and Africa. “Bell has a long standing history in South Africa through our embedded support network and we are excited to build on our legacy by bringing this new aircraft to market. South Africa is a key market for light helicopters and the Bell 505 is perfectly suited to support the growth of general aviation and the parapublic sector.”
As one of Bell’s most in demand commercial aircraft in the world, the five-seater was designed through customer collaboration to ensure both pilot and passenger receive a safe, smooth and enjoyable experience. To guarantee efficient and reliable performance, the design consists of proven dynamic components, advanced aerodynamic design, a dual channel FADEC Turbomeca Arrius 2R engine and best-in-class value.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019