This week, National Airways Corporation (NAC) celebrated the entry into market of Bell’s newest commercial aircraft, the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X. Guests were invited to attend an exclusive unveiling event organized at the NAC Lanseria airport facility in South Africa showcasing a pair of Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters recently delivered to a couple, who are both pilots.
“We were delighted to be able to expose the Bell 505 to our customers and industry partners, and the helicopter was extremely well received by everybody who attended” said Gary Phillips, NAC’s Executive Director, Helicopter Division. “The spacious cabin and advanced systems were the features which seemed to attract the most comments. We look forward to seeing many more in the Southern African skies in the near future”.
“The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X continues its international success story and has been exceeding customer expectations,” said Sameer Rehman, Bell, Managing Director for the Middle East and Africa. “Bell has a long standing history in South Africa through our embedded support network and we are excited to build on our legacy by bringing this new aircraft to market. South Africa is a key market for light helicopters and the Bell 505 is perfectly suited to support the growth of general aviation and the parapublic sector.”
As one of Bell’s most in demand commercial aircraft in the world, the five-seater was designed through customer collaboration to ensure both pilot and passenger receive a safe, smooth and enjoyable experience. To guarantee efficient and reliable performance, the design consists of proven dynamic components, advanced aerodynamic design, a dual channel FADEC Turbomeca Arrius 2R engine and best-in-class value.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit