This week, National Airways Corporation (NAC) celebrated the entry into market of Bell’s newest commercial aircraft, the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X. Guests were invited to attend an exclusive unveiling event organized at the NAC Lanseria airport facility in South Africa showcasing a pair of Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters recently delivered to a couple, who are both pilots.
“We were delighted to be able to expose the Bell 505 to our customers and industry partners, and the helicopter was extremely well received by everybody who attended” said Gary Phillips, NAC’s Executive Director, Helicopter Division. “The spacious cabin and advanced systems were the features which seemed to attract the most comments. We look forward to seeing many more in the Southern African skies in the near future”.
“The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X continues its international success story and has been exceeding customer expectations,” said Sameer Rehman, Bell, Managing Director for the Middle East and Africa. “Bell has a long standing history in South Africa through our embedded support network and we are excited to build on our legacy by bringing this new aircraft to market. South Africa is a key market for light helicopters and the Bell 505 is perfectly suited to support the growth of general aviation and the parapublic sector.”
As one of Bell’s most in demand commercial aircraft in the world, the five-seater was designed through customer collaboration to ensure both pilot and passenger receive a safe, smooth and enjoyable experience. To guarantee efficient and reliable performance, the design consists of proven dynamic components, advanced aerodynamic design, a dual channel FADEC Turbomeca Arrius 2R engine and best-in-class value.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria