This week, National Airways Corporation (NAC) celebrated the entry into market of Bell’s newest commercial aircraft, the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X. Guests were invited to attend an exclusive unveiling event organized at the NAC Lanseria airport facility in South Africa showcasing a pair of Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters recently delivered to a couple, who are both pilots.
“We were delighted to be able to expose the Bell 505 to our customers and industry partners, and the helicopter was extremely well received by everybody who attended” said Gary Phillips, NAC’s Executive Director, Helicopter Division. “The spacious cabin and advanced systems were the features which seemed to attract the most comments. We look forward to seeing many more in the Southern African skies in the near future”.
“The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X continues its international success story and has been exceeding customer expectations,” said Sameer Rehman, Bell, Managing Director for the Middle East and Africa. “Bell has a long standing history in South Africa through our embedded support network and we are excited to build on our legacy by bringing this new aircraft to market. South Africa is a key market for light helicopters and the Bell 505 is perfectly suited to support the growth of general aviation and the parapublic sector.”
As one of Bell’s most in demand commercial aircraft in the world, the five-seater was designed through customer collaboration to ensure both pilot and passenger receive a safe, smooth and enjoyable experience. To guarantee efficient and reliable performance, the design consists of proven dynamic components, advanced aerodynamic design, a dual channel FADEC Turbomeca Arrius 2R engine and best-in-class value.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO