Schiebel’s market-leading CAMCOPTER® S-100 Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) entertained an international audience with a flight display at the prestigious Red Bull Air Race in Wiener Neustadt, Austria.
The Red Bull Air Race returned to its Austrian roots for the sixth race of the season and teamed up with Schiebel in Wiener Neustadt, a city with rich aeronautical history and home to the CAMCOPTER® S-100 production facility. As the market leader for Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) UAS, Schiebel was a perfect sponsor and partner for the globally renowned Red Bull Air Race World Championship.
“The history of our company is strongly connected to the location of Wiener Neustadt and we are excited to be partnered with Red Bull Air Race 2018,” said Hannes Hecher, CEO of Schiebel. “This presents a wonderful opportunitiy to bring together unmanned and manned aviation and give the audience a taste of the expertise and vision represented by the two sectors.”
The CAMCOPTER® S-100 had two starting slots per race day. In addition to an impressive flight display, it also provided the audience with a breathtaking aerial overview of the venue, which was simultaneously broadcasted on big screens. A wide range of exciting side acts rounded off the entertainment program.
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive