Schiebel’s market-leading CAMCOPTER® S-100 Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) entertained an international audience with a flight display at the prestigious Red Bull Air Race in Wiener Neustadt, Austria.
The Red Bull Air Race returned to its Austrian roots for the sixth race of the season and teamed up with Schiebel in Wiener Neustadt, a city with rich aeronautical history and home to the CAMCOPTER® S-100 production facility. As the market leader for Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) UAS, Schiebel was a perfect sponsor and partner for the globally renowned Red Bull Air Race World Championship.
“The history of our company is strongly connected to the location of Wiener Neustadt and we are excited to be partnered with Red Bull Air Race 2018,” said Hannes Hecher, CEO of Schiebel. “This presents a wonderful opportunitiy to bring together unmanned and manned aviation and give the audience a taste of the expertise and vision represented by the two sectors.”
The CAMCOPTER® S-100 had two starting slots per race day. In addition to an impressive flight display, it also provided the audience with a breathtaking aerial overview of the venue, which was simultaneously broadcasted on big screens. A wide range of exciting side acts rounded off the entertainment program.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™