Kopter is proud to announce the deepening of its partnership with Safomar Aviation (PTY) LTD of South Africa, which has placed an order of two SH09 helicopters earlier this year.
Safomar Aviation has been appointed distributor of the single engine SH09 helicopter for South Africa during an event that took place at the AAD (Africa Aerospace and Defence) with Kopter Chief Commercial Officer Mathias Sénès and Safomar Aviation CEO Shai Shalem. Safomar will provide training, maintenance and modification services to support the aircraft when it enters the South African market.
With this partnership, Kopter will ensure a strong presence in South Africa, where needs and support for a new generation of helicopter like the SH09 are in high demand. The specific characteristics of the SH09 make it indeed the ideal helicopter solution in this region. The SH09 offers the highest standards of safety and performance coupled with low operating costs. It may be suitably equipped to operate in the most adverse environments. With a fast cruise speed of 260 km/h (140 knots) it is not only one of the fastest helicopters in its category, but it also offers a long range – 800km (430 nautical miles) with standard fuel tanks. The SH09 is of particular interest to operators who wish to avail of hot and high altitude performance, introducing a remarkably versatile machine with additional power, greater payload capacity, an augmented sling load capability and faster cruise speed.
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive