Kopter is proud to announce the deepening of its partnership with Safomar Aviation (PTY) LTD of South Africa, which has placed an order of two SH09 helicopters earlier this year.
Safomar Aviation has been appointed distributor of the single engine SH09 helicopter for South Africa during an event that took place at the AAD (Africa Aerospace and Defence) with Kopter Chief Commercial Officer Mathias Sénès and Safomar Aviation CEO Shai Shalem. Safomar will provide training, maintenance and modification services to support the aircraft when it enters the South African market.
With this partnership, Kopter will ensure a strong presence in South Africa, where needs and support for a new generation of helicopter like the SH09 are in high demand. The specific characteristics of the SH09 make it indeed the ideal helicopter solution in this region. The SH09 offers the highest standards of safety and performance coupled with low operating costs. It may be suitably equipped to operate in the most adverse environments. With a fast cruise speed of 260 km/h (140 knots) it is not only one of the fastest helicopters in its category, but it also offers a long range – 800km (430 nautical miles) with standard fuel tanks. The SH09 is of particular interest to operators who wish to avail of hot and high altitude performance, introducing a remarkably versatile machine with additional power, greater payload capacity, an augmented sling load capability and faster cruise speed.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work