OCCAR (Organisation Conjointe de Coopération en matière d’Armement / Organisation for Joint Armament Co-operation) has commissioned Airbus Helicopters, on behalf of the French, German and Spanish Armament agencies DGA, BAAINBw and DGAM, to perform de-risking studies aimed at providing the Tiger with next generation battlefield capabilities. Their main objective is to prepare the development and retrofit phases of the new avionics, mission, and weapon systems of the Tiger. Thales and MBDA will also take part in the studies.
“We are proud to be preparing the future of the Tiger as it represents a major program for the European Defense cooperation initiative” said Bruno Even, CEO of Airbus Helicopters. “The de-risking studies will ensure that France, Germany, and Spain will be able to decide on implementing the additional operational capabilities for their Tiger helicopters.” he added.
178 Tigers have been delivered to France, Germany, Spain and Australia, and have accumulated over 110,000 flight hours to date. First deployed by the French Army in Afghanistan in 2009, the Tiger continues to demonstrate its essential role on theatres of operation as a highly versatile, stealthy, and maneuverable attack helicopter.
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation