OCCAR (Organisation Conjointe de Coopération en matière d’Armement / Organisation for Joint Armament Co-operation) has commissioned Airbus Helicopters, on behalf of the French, German and Spanish Armament agencies DGA, BAAINBw and DGAM, to perform de-risking studies aimed at providing the Tiger with next generation battlefield capabilities. Their main objective is to prepare the development and retrofit phases of the new avionics, mission, and weapon systems of the Tiger. Thales and MBDA will also take part in the studies.
“We are proud to be preparing the future of the Tiger as it represents a major program for the European Defense cooperation initiative” said Bruno Even, CEO of Airbus Helicopters. “The de-risking studies will ensure that France, Germany, and Spain will be able to decide on implementing the additional operational capabilities for their Tiger helicopters.” he added.
178 Tigers have been delivered to France, Germany, Spain and Australia, and have accumulated over 110,000 flight hours to date. First deployed by the French Army in Afghanistan in 2009, the Tiger continues to demonstrate its essential role on theatres of operation as a highly versatile, stealthy, and maneuverable attack helicopter.
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1
- WR-ALC completes first TH-1H proof-of-concept overhaul
- New FreeFlight ADS-B receiver reduces reliance on ground, radar stations
- 50+ North Sea workers isolating after rig flights
- NHV to increase hangarage at Aberdeen
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20