A night landing site for Devon Air Ambulance is now operational at Tetcott Village Hall. The open grass area by the Hall has recently had new lighting installed, which consists of a new lighting column and LED lights, and a remote switching system, so the lights can be activated by the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services Dispatch team prior to the arrival of the Air Ambulance.
The community landing site project, which has been supported by Luffincott and Tetcott Parish Council, was recently signed-off by local Councillors when they were given a demonstration of how the lights are activated in an emergency by Toby Russell, Community Landing Sites Development Officer at Devon Air Ambulance.
A successful application to the Tetcott Community Fund, saw 50% of the funds for the landing site lighting secured by Luffincott and Tetcott Parish Council with the remaining funds being provided via a grant from Devon Air Ambulance through funding from the Bank LIBOR bank fines.
Carolyn and William Molesworth St-Aubyn, from the Tetcott Community Fund Committee, said: We were delighted to support the night landing site project and other important community projects through the first tranche of funding to be allocated from the profits of Tetcott Energy. This landing site will be an important asset for our rural community. We welcome applications from all parts of the community to support these types of projects which aim to enhance and benefit the local community.
Toby Russell said:The community landing site at Tetcott is one of 90 such sites now operational across Devon and that network continues to grow by the week. We are very grateful to the huge efforts put in by local communities; the local Councillors in Tetcott readily supported the project and secured the local funding for the lighting. With the lighting installed and a few access improvements undertaken, the site is now ready for night operations should it be needed in an emergency. We’d like to thank everyone that has helped bring this project to fruition.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019