A night landing site for Devon Air Ambulance is now operational at Tetcott Village Hall. The open grass area by the Hall has recently had new lighting installed, which consists of a new lighting column and LED lights, and a remote switching system, so the lights can be activated by the Helicopter Emergency Medical Services Dispatch team prior to the arrival of the Air Ambulance.
The community landing site project, which has been supported by Luffincott and Tetcott Parish Council, was recently signed-off by local Councillors when they were given a demonstration of how the lights are activated in an emergency by Toby Russell, Community Landing Sites Development Officer at Devon Air Ambulance.
A successful application to the Tetcott Community Fund, saw 50% of the funds for the landing site lighting secured by Luffincott and Tetcott Parish Council with the remaining funds being provided via a grant from Devon Air Ambulance through funding from the Bank LIBOR bank fines.
Carolyn and William Molesworth St-Aubyn, from the Tetcott Community Fund Committee, said: We were delighted to support the night landing site project and other important community projects through the first tranche of funding to be allocated from the profits of Tetcott Energy. This landing site will be an important asset for our rural community. We welcome applications from all parts of the community to support these types of projects which aim to enhance and benefit the local community.
Toby Russell said:The community landing site at Tetcott is one of 90 such sites now operational across Devon and that network continues to grow by the week. We are very grateful to the huge efforts put in by local communities; the local Councillors in Tetcott readily supported the project and secured the local funding for the lighting. With the lighting installed and a few access improvements undertaken, the site is now ready for night operations should it be needed in an emergency. We’d like to thank everyone that has helped bring this project to fruition.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines