Chief Superintendent Tyron Joyce, Chief Operating Officer for the National Police Air Service said: “The National Police Air Service provide air support to the police forces of England and Wales from a national network of 15 bases.
“From time to time, staff and aircraft are required to relocate operations from one base to another within our network. As a national operator, this has a limited impact on the service that we offer to police forces across England and Wales and ensures that our resources are put to best use.
“With effect from 07:00 on Friday 31 August, operations will be temporarily relocated from one of our two Essex bases; ‘NPAS Boreham’ to ‘NPAS London’, 16 miles away.
“The NPAS Boreham site is shared with a gravel extraction company who are about to extend operations at the site. This work will prevent the continued safe operation of police helicopters at this time. This action has been expected and planned for.
“Crews and aircraft will therefore operate until further notice from our nearest alternative base. NPAS will continue to operate a borderless service utilising the nearest available aircraft.”
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual