Chief Superintendent Tyron Joyce, Chief Operating Officer for the National Police Air Service said: “The National Police Air Service provide air support to the police forces of England and Wales from a national network of 15 bases.
“From time to time, staff and aircraft are required to relocate operations from one base to another within our network. As a national operator, this has a limited impact on the service that we offer to police forces across England and Wales and ensures that our resources are put to best use.
“With effect from 07:00 on Friday 31 August, operations will be temporarily relocated from one of our two Essex bases; ‘NPAS Boreham’ to ‘NPAS London’, 16 miles away.
“The NPAS Boreham site is shared with a gravel extraction company who are about to extend operations at the site. This work will prevent the continued safe operation of police helicopters at this time. This action has been expected and planned for.
“Crews and aircraft will therefore operate until further notice from our nearest alternative base. NPAS will continue to operate a borderless service utilising the nearest available aircraft.”
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight