Chief Superintendent Tyron Joyce, Chief Operating Officer for the National Police Air Service said: “The National Police Air Service provide air support to the police forces of England and Wales from a national network of 15 bases.
“From time to time, staff and aircraft are required to relocate operations from one base to another within our network. As a national operator, this has a limited impact on the service that we offer to police forces across England and Wales and ensures that our resources are put to best use.
“With effect from 07:00 on Friday 31 August, operations will be temporarily relocated from one of our two Essex bases; ‘NPAS Boreham’ to ‘NPAS London’, 16 miles away.
“The NPAS Boreham site is shared with a gravel extraction company who are about to extend operations at the site. This work will prevent the continued safe operation of police helicopters at this time. This action has been expected and planned for.
“Crews and aircraft will therefore operate until further notice from our nearest alternative base. NPAS will continue to operate a borderless service utilising the nearest available aircraft.”
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s