Frasca International, Inc. (Frasca) has been named sub-contractor for the Navy TH-57 Aircrew Training Services (ATS) Contract. The prime contract, which was awarded by the Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division (NAWCTSD) to FlightSafety Services Corporation includes contract instructional services (CIS), contractor operations & maintenance services (COMS) and Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTDs) for CNATRA.
As sub-contractor, Frasca will provide ten FSTDs as part of the ground based training systems (GBTS) for the TH-57 helicopter which will be used for initial rotary wing training at NAS Whiting Field. The Frasca built training systems will include seven Level 7 TH-57 FTDs and three Level 6 TH-57 FTDs.
The level 7 FTDs will feature Frasca’s Motion Cueing System (FMCS™) which was designed specifically for rotorcraft simulation, and a 240° x 70° field of view visual display which includes chin bubble coverage for hovering and advanced helicopter manuevers.
The Level 6 FTDs will feature a 180° x 40° field of view display system and a vibration system. All ten devices will include a Frasca debrief station for after action review (AAR) and to enhance the aviators learning and training experience. There will also be one remote central control station where personnel can act as an instructor or ATC controller for any or all of the FTDs.
The FTDs will all be reconfigurable between the Bravo and Charlie versions of the TH-57. They will also be fully enclosed for NVG training capability and all ten FTDs will be networked to create a realistic synthetic training environment for real-world training scenarios and formation flying.
The devices will include Frasca’a SimAssist™ instruction tool and Blade Element Modeling for edge-of-envelope flight maneuvers including retreating blade stall, vortex ring, loss of trail rotor effectiveness and settling with power.
Aechelon Technology will provide all of the Image Generators in support of this program. Aechelon Technology will supply its new pC-NOVA™ v8 Image Generator featuring Aechelon’s pC-NOVA software-based runtime engine. Aechelon will also provide high fidelity multi-spectral visual and sensor databases, 3D moving models, and a variety of airfields.
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive