Frasca International, Inc. (Frasca) has been named sub-contractor for the Navy TH-57 Aircrew Training Services (ATS) Contract. The prime contract, which was awarded by the Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division (NAWCTSD) to FlightSafety Services Corporation includes contract instructional services (CIS), contractor operations & maintenance services (COMS) and Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTDs) for CNATRA.
As sub-contractor, Frasca will provide ten FSTDs as part of the ground based training systems (GBTS) for the TH-57 helicopter which will be used for initial rotary wing training at NAS Whiting Field. The Frasca built training systems will include seven Level 7 TH-57 FTDs and three Level 6 TH-57 FTDs.
The level 7 FTDs will feature Frasca’s Motion Cueing System (FMCS™) which was designed specifically for rotorcraft simulation, and a 240° x 70° field of view visual display which includes chin bubble coverage for hovering and advanced helicopter manuevers.
The Level 6 FTDs will feature a 180° x 40° field of view display system and a vibration system. All ten devices will include a Frasca debrief station for after action review (AAR) and to enhance the aviators learning and training experience. There will also be one remote central control station where personnel can act as an instructor or ATC controller for any or all of the FTDs.
The FTDs will all be reconfigurable between the Bravo and Charlie versions of the TH-57. They will also be fully enclosed for NVG training capability and all ten FTDs will be networked to create a realistic synthetic training environment for real-world training scenarios and formation flying.
The devices will include Frasca’a SimAssist™ instruction tool and Blade Element Modeling for edge-of-envelope flight maneuvers including retreating blade stall, vortex ring, loss of trail rotor effectiveness and settling with power.
Aechelon Technology will provide all of the Image Generators in support of this program. Aechelon Technology will supply its new pC-NOVA™ v8 Image Generator featuring Aechelon’s pC-NOVA software-based runtime engine. Aechelon will also provide high fidelity multi-spectral visual and sensor databases, 3D moving models, and a variety of airfields.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats