UK operator HeliGroup has taken delivery of the first ever ACH135 Helionix for VIP charter operations from Airbus Corporate Helicopters at the Monaco Yacht Club during the annual yacht show in the Principality.
The handover event was attended by representatives of global aviation and yachting industries and supported by the Royal Air Force Red Arrows, guests of honour following their air display at the Monaco Yacht Show.
Following in the footsteps of the UK Ministry of Defence, which took delivery of the first H135 Helionix in 2017, HeliGroup selected the aircraft in the lightweight, sports car-inspired ACH Line interior fit configured with the ACH135 five-seater business configuration. In this way, HeliGroup becomes the first VIP charter company worldwide to mark the introduction of the ACH135’s step change Helionix capability to private and business aviation.
Matthew Munson, Managing Director of HeliGroup Ltd, said, “We are delighted to be the first to introduce the advanced flight and safety benefits of the ACH135 Helionix to the VIP charter market, with the UK again leading the way in aviation. Our customers will benefit from the latest generation build standards and quality, complimented with a luxury interior making the ACH135 an ideal platform for a range of requirements.”
Frederic Lemos, Head of ACH, said, “Our customers can now benefit from the industry-leading technology benefits Helionix brings on the ACH135, ACH145, ACH175 and soon to come ACH160. HeliGroup’s choice will ensure that their customers benefit from the ACH standards in quality and exclusivity while benefiting from the versatility and capability of a twin-engine helicopter which, nevertheless, can access to the most confined helicopter landing areas in both rural and urban spaces.”
The addition of the ACH135 Helionix alongside HeliGroup’s current AS355 NP Twin Squirrel, configured for passenger transport as well as utility operations, gives HeliGroup the flexibility to maximise its position in both the charter and utility missions markets.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management