UK operator HeliGroup has taken delivery of the first ever ACH135 Helionix for VIP charter operations from Airbus Corporate Helicopters at the Monaco Yacht Club during the annual yacht show in the Principality.
The handover event was attended by representatives of global aviation and yachting industries and supported by the Royal Air Force Red Arrows, guests of honour following their air display at the Monaco Yacht Show.
Following in the footsteps of the UK Ministry of Defence, which took delivery of the first H135 Helionix in 2017, HeliGroup selected the aircraft in the lightweight, sports car-inspired ACH Line interior fit configured with the ACH135 five-seater business configuration. In this way, HeliGroup becomes the first VIP charter company worldwide to mark the introduction of the ACH135’s step change Helionix capability to private and business aviation.
Matthew Munson, Managing Director of HeliGroup Ltd, said, “We are delighted to be the first to introduce the advanced flight and safety benefits of the ACH135 Helionix to the VIP charter market, with the UK again leading the way in aviation. Our customers will benefit from the latest generation build standards and quality, complimented with a luxury interior making the ACH135 an ideal platform for a range of requirements.”
Frederic Lemos, Head of ACH, said, “Our customers can now benefit from the industry-leading technology benefits Helionix brings on the ACH135, ACH145, ACH175 and soon to come ACH160. HeliGroup’s choice will ensure that their customers benefit from the ACH standards in quality and exclusivity while benefiting from the versatility and capability of a twin-engine helicopter which, nevertheless, can access to the most confined helicopter landing areas in both rural and urban spaces.”
The addition of the ACH135 Helionix alongside HeliGroup’s current AS355 NP Twin Squirrel, configured for passenger transport as well as utility operations, gives HeliGroup the flexibility to maximise its position in both the charter and utility missions markets.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International