UK operator HeliGroup has taken delivery of the first ever ACH135 Helionix for VIP charter operations from Airbus Corporate Helicopters at the Monaco Yacht Club during the annual yacht show in the Principality.
The handover event was attended by representatives of global aviation and yachting industries and supported by the Royal Air Force Red Arrows, guests of honour following their air display at the Monaco Yacht Show.
Following in the footsteps of the UK Ministry of Defence, which took delivery of the first H135 Helionix in 2017, HeliGroup selected the aircraft in the lightweight, sports car-inspired ACH Line interior fit configured with the ACH135 five-seater business configuration. In this way, HeliGroup becomes the first VIP charter company worldwide to mark the introduction of the ACH135’s step change Helionix capability to private and business aviation.
Matthew Munson, Managing Director of HeliGroup Ltd, said, “We are delighted to be the first to introduce the advanced flight and safety benefits of the ACH135 Helionix to the VIP charter market, with the UK again leading the way in aviation. Our customers will benefit from the latest generation build standards and quality, complimented with a luxury interior making the ACH135 an ideal platform for a range of requirements.”
Frederic Lemos, Head of ACH, said, “Our customers can now benefit from the industry-leading technology benefits Helionix brings on the ACH135, ACH145, ACH175 and soon to come ACH160. HeliGroup’s choice will ensure that their customers benefit from the ACH standards in quality and exclusivity while benefiting from the versatility and capability of a twin-engine helicopter which, nevertheless, can access to the most confined helicopter landing areas in both rural and urban spaces.”
The addition of the ACH135 Helionix alongside HeliGroup’s current AS355 NP Twin Squirrel, configured for passenger transport as well as utility operations, gives HeliGroup the flexibility to maximise its position in both the charter and utility missions markets.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award