CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero”) (NYSE American: CVU) announced that it has received purchase orders from Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT), totaling approximately $8 million for Hover Infrared Suppression System (HIRSS) module assemblies for use as spares on older variants of the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter.
The HIRSS is a defensive countermeasures system that is integral to the survival of the UH-60 Black Hawk by reducing the opportunity for an infrared-seeking threat system to acquire, lock onto, track, and destroy the helicopter.
“CPI Aero first manufactured HIRSS module assemblies for the Black Hawk as original equipment in 2006, and Sikorsky last placed a small order back in 2013 at the height of the sequestration era. These new orders indicate to us our Government’s commitment to providing support to aircraft in need of maintenance and repair, especially in light of the recent passage of the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 that increases funding to rebuild the military’s readiness and modernization efforts. Our decades long experience manufacturing new structure for aging aircraft positions us to benefit from an improving defense aftermarket environment as we look to build momentum heading into 2019,” stated Douglas McCrosson, president and CEO of CPI Aerostructures.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software