CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero”) (NYSE American: CVU) announced that it has received purchase orders from Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT), totaling approximately $8 million for Hover Infrared Suppression System (HIRSS) module assemblies for use as spares on older variants of the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter.
The HIRSS is a defensive countermeasures system that is integral to the survival of the UH-60 Black Hawk by reducing the opportunity for an infrared-seeking threat system to acquire, lock onto, track, and destroy the helicopter.
“CPI Aero first manufactured HIRSS module assemblies for the Black Hawk as original equipment in 2006, and Sikorsky last placed a small order back in 2013 at the height of the sequestration era. These new orders indicate to us our Government’s commitment to providing support to aircraft in need of maintenance and repair, especially in light of the recent passage of the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 that increases funding to rebuild the military’s readiness and modernization efforts. Our decades long experience manufacturing new structure for aging aircraft positions us to benefit from an improving defense aftermarket environment as we look to build momentum heading into 2019,” stated Douglas McCrosson, president and CEO of CPI Aerostructures.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics