CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (“CPI Aero”) (NYSE American: CVU) announced that it has received purchase orders from Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT), totaling approximately $8 million for Hover Infrared Suppression System (HIRSS) module assemblies for use as spares on older variants of the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter.
The HIRSS is a defensive countermeasures system that is integral to the survival of the UH-60 Black Hawk by reducing the opportunity for an infrared-seeking threat system to acquire, lock onto, track, and destroy the helicopter.
“CPI Aero first manufactured HIRSS module assemblies for the Black Hawk as original equipment in 2006, and Sikorsky last placed a small order back in 2013 at the height of the sequestration era. These new orders indicate to us our Government’s commitment to providing support to aircraft in need of maintenance and repair, especially in light of the recent passage of the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 that increases funding to rebuild the military’s readiness and modernization efforts. Our decades long experience manufacturing new structure for aging aircraft positions us to benefit from an improving defense aftermarket environment as we look to build momentum heading into 2019,” stated Douglas McCrosson, president and CEO of CPI Aerostructures.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS