Helicopter Foundation International (HFI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, annually offers up to 19 scholarships to help support students studying to become part of tomorrow’s helicopter industry.
If you meet the eligibility requirements listed below, HFI encourages you to apply at helicopterfoundation.org/scholarships. We are here to help you achieve your dream!
All applications must be submitted by midnight EST, November 30, 2018. Questions? Email [email protected].
Commercial Helicopter Pilot Rating Scholarship
- Have a private helicopter license
- Are enrolled in a commercial helicopter pilot rating program at an FAA-approved Part 141 school or international equivalent
- Hold at least a 2nd-class or international-equivalent medical certificate.
- Expect to receive your commercial helicopter pilot rating after January 1, 2019 (if you will receive your rating before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician Scholarship
- Are about to graduate from an FAA-approved Part 147 aviation maintenance technician (AMT) school, or are a recent recipient (within the last two years) of an airframe and powerplant (A&P) certificate
- If you are a non-US citizen, have your respective country’s FAA-equivalent tests completed and provide proof of foreign citizenship.
Maintenance Technician Certificate Scholarship
- Are enrolled in a maintenance technician certificate program at an FAA-approved Part 147 school or international equivalent
- Expect to receive your maintenance technician certificate after January 1, 2019 (if you will receive your certificate before this date, you are not eligible to apply).
Michelle North Scholarship for Safety
- Have your commercial pilot rating
- Demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices.
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order