Leonardo announced that test pilot Dan Wells has been named Fellow by The Society of Experimental Test Pilots (SETP), an honor that recognizes Wells’ more than three decades of piloting and 7,200 flight hours. The award was announced on Saturday, September 29 at SETP’s 62nd Annual Symposium & Banquet in Anaheim, California.
An international organization that seeks to promote air safety, The Society of Experimental Test Pilots also contributes to aeronautical advancement by promoting sound design and development, assisting in the professional development of experimental pilots, and providing scholarships and aid to members and the families of deceased members.
Less than 10% of SETP’s members are Fellows, the most prestigious rank offered by the organization. Selection typically means the member has not only made test piloting their career but has also achieved distinction amongst their peers.
Wells started his Army career in 1982 flying AH-1 Cobras and OV-1D Mohawks. A Navy Test Pilot School graduate, he served in Army flight test until 1998, later joining Army Special Ops in Operation IRAQI FREEDOM.
Retiring from the Army after 26 years of service in 2008, Wells went to work for Boeing flying the C-130 Avionics Modernization Program, the MH-47G Chinook and the X-48 research aircraft. He joined the AW-609 TiltRotor program in 2011, which he continues flying today.
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order