This 7th edition of the NH90 User Conference will be hosted by the Commander of the Fuerzas Aeromóviles des Ejército de Tierra. Notably, this is the first time that the conference is taking place outside one of the countries who founded the NH90 program.
The first edition of this conference took place in 2011. NHI launched this initiative in order to allow NH90 operators to exchange with Industry in an international forum. The nature of this Conference is to focus on direct communication between industry specialists and the operators and maintainers of the NH90 Helicopter including its support systems. The direct exchange between engineers and operators is essential for making the NH90 ready for the challenges of tomorrow.
The NH90 User Conference is particularly important as the helicopter is increasingly being deployed on special operations, warlike theaters, Search&Rescue and disaster relief. Today more than 183,000 flight hours were logged by customers all around the globe. All 14 customer nations of the NH90 and industry specialists were invited to come to Almagro, with over 170 confirmed participants.
The NH90 is the optimal choice for modern operations thanks to its large fully composite airframe, its excellent power to weight ratio; and its wide range of role equipment. It features a Fly-by-Wire flight control system for reduced pilot workload and enhanced flight characteristics.
The twin-engine, medium-size helicopter is built in two main versions, one dedicated to naval operations, the NATO Frigate Helicopter, and a Tactical Transport Helicopter for land based operations. As of today, 365 helicopters have been delivered in Naval and Tactical transport versions. They are in service in Spain, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Norway, Greece, Oman, Australia and New Zealand; Qatar is awaiting its first delivery.
NHIndustries is a French SAS company, based in Aix-en-Provence. It is wholly owned by Airbus, Leonardo Helicopters and Fokker Aerostructures and provides the focal point for these companies for the NH90 programme. Established in 1992, NHI has managed the design, development and entry to service of the NH90 for both NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency) and export customers.
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020