This 7th edition of the NH90 User Conference will be hosted by the Commander of the Fuerzas Aeromóviles des Ejército de Tierra. Notably, this is the first time that the conference is taking place outside one of the countries who founded the NH90 program.
The first edition of this conference took place in 2011. NHI launched this initiative in order to allow NH90 operators to exchange with Industry in an international forum. The nature of this Conference is to focus on direct communication between industry specialists and the operators and maintainers of the NH90 Helicopter including its support systems. The direct exchange between engineers and operators is essential for making the NH90 ready for the challenges of tomorrow.
The NH90 User Conference is particularly important as the helicopter is increasingly being deployed on special operations, warlike theaters, Search&Rescue and disaster relief. Today more than 183,000 flight hours were logged by customers all around the globe. All 14 customer nations of the NH90 and industry specialists were invited to come to Almagro, with over 170 confirmed participants.
The NH90 is the optimal choice for modern operations thanks to its large fully composite airframe, its excellent power to weight ratio; and its wide range of role equipment. It features a Fly-by-Wire flight control system for reduced pilot workload and enhanced flight characteristics.
The twin-engine, medium-size helicopter is built in two main versions, one dedicated to naval operations, the NATO Frigate Helicopter, and a Tactical Transport Helicopter for land based operations. As of today, 365 helicopters have been delivered in Naval and Tactical transport versions. They are in service in Spain, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Norway, Greece, Oman, Australia and New Zealand; Qatar is awaiting its first delivery.
NHIndustries is a French SAS company, based in Aix-en-Provence. It is wholly owned by Airbus, Leonardo Helicopters and Fokker Aerostructures and provides the focal point for these companies for the NH90 programme. Established in 1992, NHI has managed the design, development and entry to service of the NH90 for both NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency) and export customers.
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager