This 7th edition of the NH90 User Conference will be hosted by the Commander of the Fuerzas Aeromóviles des Ejército de Tierra. Notably, this is the first time that the conference is taking place outside one of the countries who founded the NH90 program.
The first edition of this conference took place in 2011. NHI launched this initiative in order to allow NH90 operators to exchange with Industry in an international forum. The nature of this Conference is to focus on direct communication between industry specialists and the operators and maintainers of the NH90 Helicopter including its support systems. The direct exchange between engineers and operators is essential for making the NH90 ready for the challenges of tomorrow.
The NH90 User Conference is particularly important as the helicopter is increasingly being deployed on special operations, warlike theaters, Search&Rescue and disaster relief. Today more than 183,000 flight hours were logged by customers all around the globe. All 14 customer nations of the NH90 and industry specialists were invited to come to Almagro, with over 170 confirmed participants.
The NH90 is the optimal choice for modern operations thanks to its large fully composite airframe, its excellent power to weight ratio; and its wide range of role equipment. It features a Fly-by-Wire flight control system for reduced pilot workload and enhanced flight characteristics.
The twin-engine, medium-size helicopter is built in two main versions, one dedicated to naval operations, the NATO Frigate Helicopter, and a Tactical Transport Helicopter for land based operations. As of today, 365 helicopters have been delivered in Naval and Tactical transport versions. They are in service in Spain, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Norway, Greece, Oman, Australia and New Zealand; Qatar is awaiting its first delivery.
NHIndustries is a French SAS company, based in Aix-en-Provence. It is wholly owned by Airbus, Leonardo Helicopters and Fokker Aerostructures and provides the focal point for these companies for the NH90 programme. Established in 1992, NHI has managed the design, development and entry to service of the NH90 for both NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency) and export customers.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation