This 7th edition of the NH90 User Conference will be hosted by the Commander of the Fuerzas Aeromóviles des Ejército de Tierra. Notably, this is the first time that the conference is taking place outside one of the countries who founded the NH90 program.
The first edition of this conference took place in 2011. NHI launched this initiative in order to allow NH90 operators to exchange with Industry in an international forum. The nature of this Conference is to focus on direct communication between industry specialists and the operators and maintainers of the NH90 Helicopter including its support systems. The direct exchange between engineers and operators is essential for making the NH90 ready for the challenges of tomorrow.
The NH90 User Conference is particularly important as the helicopter is increasingly being deployed on special operations, warlike theaters, Search&Rescue and disaster relief. Today more than 183,000 flight hours were logged by customers all around the globe. All 14 customer nations of the NH90 and industry specialists were invited to come to Almagro, with over 170 confirmed participants.
The NH90 is the optimal choice for modern operations thanks to its large fully composite airframe, its excellent power to weight ratio; and its wide range of role equipment. It features a Fly-by-Wire flight control system for reduced pilot workload and enhanced flight characteristics.
The twin-engine, medium-size helicopter is built in two main versions, one dedicated to naval operations, the NATO Frigate Helicopter, and a Tactical Transport Helicopter for land based operations. As of today, 365 helicopters have been delivered in Naval and Tactical transport versions. They are in service in Spain, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Norway, Greece, Oman, Australia and New Zealand; Qatar is awaiting its first delivery.
NHIndustries is a French SAS company, based in Aix-en-Provence. It is wholly owned by Airbus, Leonardo Helicopters and Fokker Aerostructures and provides the focal point for these companies for the NH90 programme. Established in 1992, NHI has managed the design, development and entry to service of the NH90 for both NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency) and export customers.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020