Helicentre Aviation Academy is excited to announce the arrival of its AS350B Squirrel helicopter simulators. A few weeks ago we took delivery of not just one, but two flight simulators. These simulators were purchased from the Defence Helicopter Flying School based at RAF Shawbury in Shropshire. Now they are up and running we thought we’d give you a sneak preview of what they’re like inside.
These high tech simulators feature various capabilities which are uncommon in many others in industry. Instructors are able to create realistic scenario based situations within the cockpit, giving students the chance to practice handling emergency exercises which are not possible to carry out in the aircraft itself.
Some of these exercises include tail rotor drive failure, the simulation of fully developed vortex ring state and low level manoeuvres in a wide range of weather conditions.
The simulators feature haptic feedback seats, capable of reproducing up to +2g to -0.5g. Whilst it is currently configured with an analogue cockpit, plans for the future include upgrading them with to an electronic flight instrument system (EFIS).
We are currently in the process of evaluating and testing the simulators in order to obtain qualification from the CAA and EASA to FNPT II standards for approved training. This will allow the simulators to be used for procedural instrument flight training and to meet the EASA part-FCL requirements for other approved courses.
Today we rewarded our 14 full-time ATPL(H) students with some simulator time so they could have a bit of fun and practice some of the exercises they wouldn’t be able to in a real helicopter, which they really enjoyed.
Keep an eye on our website to find out more about how our simulator plans are developing, and how they could benefit you in the future if you are training towards a professional career flying helicopters. Call us on 0116 259 0186 if you’d like to get started.
- Canadian Coast Guard announces new facility in New Brunswick
- CPI Aero names ex Bell CEO as their new Chairman
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items